Downhill

Melena top left, Dallas middle left, Kyron and Saint bottom left, Kelly and Cari middle, Cordell top right, Jayda middle right, and Jordyn bottom right

It's time we stop playing,

I hear what you're saying,

It's time we got the cushion out,

Both of us we feel it,

And about now we need it

~ Cari ~

I heard my phone vibrate on the nightstand and I turned and picked it up, glancing at the name before declining.

I turned it off and resumed the position I was in before, with my arm over the twins so they wouldn't roll.

Karma's foot was jabbed to my hip but I didn't mind cause at least I knew she was there, and Kaelan's legs were on top of mine since she slept at the foot of the king sized bed.

I felt in the same position as Jordyn. The only difference was, I had plenty of money saved because Kelly paid and kept me and the kids with everything we needed.

My mind flooded with thoughts of the one and only him, and wondered why, when, and how we just fell apart.

The sun seeped through the hotel window, letting me know I unintentionally stayed awake all night.

I sighed, sitting up and letting my legs dangle and resting my elbows on the tops of my knees, with my palms to my forehead.

After gathering myself, I got out of bed and turned my phone on and setting my phone on the floor so the sounds of the notifications wouldn't be annoying.

I went in the overly stuffed suitcase and got the kids and my clothes and toiletries out of it.

"Karma," I hummed, picking her up.

Her tired eyes fluttered open and I carried her into the bathroom to get her ready for school.

"C'mon, you know what to do," I put her down on the cold tiled bathroom floor, and nudged her to the shower.

"Where's daddy?" she asked turning it on and taking off her blue night gown.

"He's a little sick, and we don't want you guys to catch anything."

"We'd be fine." she shrugged, getting into the heated shower.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face quickly and once Karma was done with her shower, we switched places.

After I was done and went in the room with a towel around me, I noticed Jayda calling and I picked my phone up off the floor and answered it.

"Get dressed," I told Kar and she did as told.

"Hello?" I cleared my throat.

"Are you okay? Where are you?"

"I... left," I shrugged not knowing how else to explain it.