Chapter 30

Sqaishey POV

I was running. From what, I'm not sure. I just knew I couldn't stop. The hallway I was running down was dark, and extremely narrow. I probably would be able to touch each wall if I spread out my arms. I could hear heavy footsteps behind me, and when I took a quick glance over my shoulder I saw a dark figure behind me. I ran harder, terrified of being caught.

I took another glance behind me and saw the figure closing in. When I turned around I immediately crashed into something, no someone, and we fell over. In the dark hallway I couldn't see who it was. The footsteps were getting closer though, and I was struggling to stand up. The guy I knocked over was on his feet, and was trying to pull me up. I was barely on my feet again when something hit me in the back of the head knocking me out.

-+-+-+-

I could hear shouting, so I forced my eyes open. In front of me was Stampy, his arms out as if he could be a shield. He was shouting at Hunter, but I couldn't process the words being yelled. I could only watch as they seemed to get angrier and angrier, until one of them took a swing. Stampy's fist connected with Hunter's nose, and even I heard the crack.

Stampy reeled back in shock at what he had done, before Hunter retaliated. My eyes couldn't follow his fists as they hit Stampy in the face, stomach, arms. At the last second, I saw the flash of silver, then Stampy freeze. He collapsed to the ground and I screamed as loud as I could, hoping someone, anyone could hear. There was a cut running from his left shoulder all the way down to the opposite hip. Blood was gushing out, and I was sobbing.

"Stampy this is all my fault! I am so so sorry!" I cried, dissolving into tears. I grabbed a towel that was suddenly next to me and started to press down on the wound. "You can't die please Stampy! I've fallen in love with you, please don't leave me!" The tears on my face were waterfalls, and the floor was coated with a mixture of salty tears and blood.

The look on Stampy's face turned from panicked to disgusted. "You, love me?" He laughed, chocking on blood a little. "Well why would I like, much less love, you? You can't do anything; you can't even give a guy what he wants! Don't think this isn't your fault! If you had just done what Hunter wanted, I wouldn't be dying!" He shoved me away from him.

"But you said you loved me?" I could feel the blood in the room rising up, coming to drown me in all I did wrong.

"It's called lying crybaby, nobody loves ducks" He spat at me, lying back. I could see the color drain from his face as he died and I screamed.

"I'm so sorry" I sobbed over and over again, until the blood filled my mouth and I started to shake.

-------------------------------

Stampy POV

I woke up and my room was pitch dark. The alarm clock on the bedside table read 2:27 am in blue numbers. I sat up, trying to work out why I was awake when I heard a scream. Grabbing my glasses, I hurried out of the guest room and to Sqaishey's room where I guessed the scream came from. My eyes slowly adjusted to the lack of light in the room to see Sqaishey thrashing around on her bed.

I flicked the light on fast and hurried over to her. I had suspicions that she had been having nightmares about something, but she shut me down whenever I asked. But now as she was locked in whatever nightmare she is having, tears streaked down her face. She was muttering something and when I got closer I could hear her saying "I'm so sorry" over and over again.

I took her by the shoulders and started trying to shake her awake. After a minute she shot up, almost colliding with my head. She was panting, trying to get her breathe back while her eyes darted around the room. She didn't even notice I was there until I brushed the hair out of her face.