Chapter 6

A/N: Sorry about the short update. Next week is the last chapter, so I hope you enjoy! Thanks for two hundred views!
     Silver coughs up tears, curled up on the hotel carpet with a comforter to keep him warm. His phone lays on the floor in his limp hand, ringing again every couple of minutes. Despite Silver's blurry vision, he knows it's Gold. He wishes Green would call him back. Now, he won't even talk to him. Silver remembers the conversation from just an hour or so ago.
     "Green, I need help," Silver had choked out.
     "Silver, don't you dare tell me you went to that party," Green growled into the phone.
     "I-I thought I could control it, but I just had one, a-and..." Silver whimpered lamely, fighting back an onslaught of tears. Before he could say anything else, Green had hung up.
     Now, Silver just fingers his phone in his frail fingers, feeling it buzz from a call from Gold. Silver doesn't want to talk to him right now. Gold doesn't need to know of Silver's issues. He's already been scared off enough.
     However, what Silver doesn't see through his phone screen is that Gold is nervously pacing around his house, unsure of what had gone wrong.  All he knows is that Silver drank a little too much.  That happens, right?  Gold tried to take care of him, but Silver ran out as soon as he woke up.  Maybe he just needs space.  Maybe Silver is just embarrassed about it or something.  Gold wonders if it's time to try calling Silver again.  He's only left a couple of voice mails.  Maybe he didn't explain himself enough.  Gold hits the "call back" button once again, the phone ringing every couple of seconds in some sort of suspenseful pattern.  It goes back to voicemail.  "Silver, I really hope you're listening to this.  Whatever happened, it's okay, okay?  I'll understand.  I'm sorry if I messed up.  Just...call me back okay?"  Leaving another voice message does nothing to help Gold's panicking. 
     On the other end of the line, Silver hesitantly plays back the voice mail.  He swallows thickly as he listens to Gold's voice.  He sounds so afraid.  Why does he care so much?  Silver has done nothing to deserve such tender care and love.  His thoughts encourage the tears to fall.  At the same time, though, he wonders why Green doesn't care enough.  Green's given up on him.  Silver knows this, and it hurts.  So many confusing and painful thoughts flood his mind, flood his eyes.
     The phone rings again. Silver has to ask. He has to know why Gold cares so much. He hesitantly answers, fumbling with the buttons. "He-Hello...?"
     "Silver!" The voice on the other side sounds so relieved. "Thank god you picked up. Are you okay? I've been so worried about you! I'm sorry above what happened, okay?"
     Silver's tight lips tilt up in the beginnings of a smile. "I-I know, I'm sorry, I just..." He struggles to speak through the tears.
     "Silver, are you crying...? Please, can you tell me what happened?" Gold begs in a whisper.
     The mention of his crying breaks Silver, and he lets it all out. In between sobs, he tells Gold everything, his problems and his worries and how much he really needs him.