F I V E

F I V E
~*~*~*~
"You don't know what goes on in anyone's life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person's life, you're not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can't be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person's life, you're messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything."
–Jay Asher, Thirteen Reasons Why
~*~*~*~

Ethan was my own personal storm that kept coming back for more.

The first time he came into my life he was like a hurricane in the middle of the desert. Something I hadn't thought to even be prepared for. It was impossible. Yet, he came into my life and shook everything up and left nothing but destruction in his wake. This time when he had blown into my life I had walls protecting me; having learned from last time. But he still managed to rattle things loose that I had safely sealed tightly away. And now they were out in the open for me to see and rawly feel.

Most of it were little things like how blue blue blue blue blue his eyes were. And kind he was. And funny and generous and beautiful all the way through.

But there were things in me that felt stirred up -felt incomplete. Nothing I ate could fill my stomach. No amount of laughter could bring me to completely fulfillment. He took something when he left me in the parking lot. Something I didn't even know I had. It was something that made me want to crawl into bed and mourn my loss all over again.

It was hope for us.