See, Will is a really close friend of mine. Harry introduced us and from the moment we met, I knew he was going to be there for me.  I see him as a brother, but it’s different for him. Just recently, I learned that he’s developed a crush on me. That made things awkward, really fast. We haven’t talked about it, but I try avoiding that subject when I’m around him.

Don’t get me wrong, I see where he’s coming from, you know, liking your best friend. I feel the same pain he does, but I can’t do anything about it. What scares me the most is that what happened to him will happen to me. If I tell Harry I love him, then . . . everything will be crushed.  Our friendship will be destroyed.

The worst thing about it all is that Will knows. He knows that I love Harry, but he’s still there for me, never ceasing to be by my side. And I admire him for that. He’s strong and has a lot of courage.

“So have you guys heard from Haydn?” I asked.  Nick shook his head and reached back into his pocket to retrieve his phone,

“I’ve texted him and called him like a million times. Where the hell could he be?”

As if on cue, Haydn stumbled through the backyard gate, carrying his guitar case. Everything about him looked wrong. His hair was messy and his plaid shirt was buttoned one too high. I shook my head again and stood up to help him.

“Where have you been? We’ve been waiting!” I nearly shouted at him as I took his guitar case.

Using the back of his hand, he wiped his lips. After, he ran his other hand through his hair and looked down,

“Sorry guys, I was – I was, sleeping.” I squinted my eyes. Liar.

“Well, come on, fix your shirt, and let’s get this show on the road.” I took his guitar to the garage and set it up next to the drums. Taking the microphone, I made a small announcement to the crowd,

“Hey guys, sorry for the wait! Don’t worry; we’ll be starting soon! Just help yourself to the refreshments and snacks!” They cheered and I smiled. Okay, one more thing, Harry.

When the other boys started to settle in, I decided to give Harry another chance. I walked back to the house and opened the door. And lo and behold, there he was, snogging Felicity.

Scream or cry?

Neither, I knew I was strong enough for this. Crossing my arms, I leaned against the doorframe and waited. After a couple of minutes, it started to get awkward with me just standing there and watching, so I coughed. Felicity heard and opened her eyes. She glared at me and then smirked. Woah, completely uncalled for.

“Harry,” I called, trying to get his attention. He was still focused on her, as his eyes were closed and he was kissing the temple of her right eye.*

“Harry, if you don’t mind, we’re gonna get started soon.” I spat in disgust. I turned around and stormed back to the garage.

* * *

I’m not going to lie. That was probably the best performance they’ve ever had. Harry sang with so much passion and energy. The crowd went wild when he held that last note and I literally died. Why? Because he dedicated the love song to her and all I could do was bite my lip and hold back the tears. 

It’s okay. Stay strong. Stay strong. Everything happens for a reason.

After the little show, we went inside and played some games. I wasn’t in the mood, so I sat in the living room and stared at the telly for about twenty minutes. It was pretty boring until Harry came in. I grinned a bit because I really wanted to talk to him and apologize for being so rude before.