chapter three.

Sorry, it's been awhile! I just had trouble writing this chapter, because…well, you'll read. 

*Before you read, do not feel offended or anything in the end. I'm trying to get a message out there and hopefully later in the story, you will understand.*

~||you are beautiful.||~

[GIF ON THE SIDE] - look for the (*)s!

* * *

Why do I still try?

I found myself asking this question plenty of times tonight. I mean I know Harry will never love me, so why do I keep hurting myself? Why do I stick around, only to get pushed down again?

After Harry said he loved her, I just didn’t know what to feel anymore. There were too many emotions running through my head. I stayed quiet and just nodded whenever he tried talking to me.  Honestly, all I wanted to do was cry, but I’ve realized that crying doesn’t make me feel better.  It just makes me over analyze what’s happening.

What did I do wrong? What can I do better?

By now, you’d think I would be used to this pain, but everyday it gets harder and harder. I’ve tried telling myself that it’s just a little crush, but when you love someone this much, you have to accept the fact that you’re falling for him. When I try to forget about him, it’s nearly impossible. Over the years, I’ve created this bond with Harry, and nothing can really break this friendship. Yes, friendship, nothing more, nothing less.

Harry sat across from me, with his head in his hands. It’s been an hour and a half and we’ve delayed the performance probably twenty minutes. The reason why? Felicity.  She hasn’t showed up.

Harry’s been in the dumps and I can’t do much, but sit here. I was still a little hurt – who am I kidding? - I’m extremely hurt by Harry’s words, but I’m his best friend, so I’m going to do what friends do best.

I sighed and picked myself up from the comfortable spot I was settled in. Walking over to Harry, I sat next to him and said,

“Come on, Harry, cheer up. Maybe she forgot.” I patted his knee and smiled.

“SHE WOULD’NT FORGET. I TOLD HER LAST NIGHT AND I TEXTED HER TODAY.” He lashed out at me. Well, so much for trying.

I raised my hands up in defense. His initial reaction startled me, but there was no point in starting a big fight with him.

“Okay, whatever.” I stood up and started to walk away. Before leaving through the back door, I turned around and said,

“Don’t say I didn’t try.” I grunted through my teeth, “Why don’t you grow up and stop being so selfish, there are people waiting, you know?” I rolled my eyes and turned back around to open the door.

“Mel..” His voice faded, but I had already slammed the door shut.

Outside, I found Will and Nick sitting on a wooden bench. I trudged past people and sat in between them and sighed in frustration.

“You alright, Mel?” Will asked in a cautious tone, as he raised his hand to pat my back. 

I shook my head and said,

“Harry is being such an arse.” Nick nodded.

“It’s okay, you have me,” Will started to explain, “—and uh, Nick.” He smiled at me and I smiled back.