chapter thirteen.

I am seriously sorry for this chapter. It is the shittiest thing in the whole entire world, i cannot. It was just in my documents and I'm like okay whatever this just needs to be published because chapter fourteen and chapter fifteen are gonna be super good. It is just a mess and I don't even know where I was going, but anyways, please remember to comment and vote! 

Oh and there's a video on the side! So don't forget to watch it at the end of the chapter! Okay thank you babesss. x 

* * * 

It was a school night and that pretty much sums it up. Harry could’ve been anywhere but he chose to be with me. He could’ve been studying for tests or doing his projects or anything else, but he chose to be with me. And in the end, that’s all that really matters.

“Thanks for doing this.” I smiled in the dimmed light.

We were huddled in our new, revamped tree house looking for another thing to do on my bucket list. It has been a couple weeks since Harry’s birthday, but ever since we “made up” Harry and I have been hanging out a lot more. It’s not the same as before and I feel like there’s always awkward in the air, but this is better than nothing.

“You say that ever single time we do something.” He stated jokingly.

“I know, I just - thanks.” I laughed a little and flipped through the notebook. I asked him another question to keep the conversation going, 

“How’s Abby?” Her name felt like acid in my mouth. Even though Harry has been spending time with me, he still had time for Abby. 

“Great…great.” He trailed off as if he was lost in thought, thinking about her.

“So, how is she?” I said. I stopped flipping the pages and looked at his dreamy eyes.

“She’s so picturesque.” He smiled and I rolled my eyes. Looking back down to the notebook, I closed it and decided I was too tired.

“I bet, are you going to ask her out on a date?” I said, biting the inside of my cheek.  Suddenly, Harry burst out laughing and cried out,

“Me? ME? Harry Styles? I’m going to ask her out?”

“Who else?” I shook my head in confusion.

“But she’s Abigail Crawshaw and I’m plain, old Harry Styles.” But you’re Harry Styles and I’m plain, old Melanie Harte.

“What are you talking about? You’re Harry Styles!!” He couldn’t even see his own perfection.

“That’s the thing.” He shook his head and grabbed the notebook from me. I tried to change the subject,

“What are you doing after school?” It was a blunt question.

“Tomorrow? I’m not sure.” He pressed down the pages before flipping them; it was so delicate.

“No, I mean after school. Are you going to university?” I dreaded leaving Harry. I didn’t know what our futures held. He probably would leave Holmes Chapel and become a famous singer and I’ll still be here in this tree house waiting for him. 

“Yeah, I guess.” He shrugged, obviously not interested in the topic. 

“Uhm, found anything?” I leaned against the beanbag chair.

“Not yet. Do you remember this one? Become a famous singer.” We both smiled.

“Yeah, I do. Are you gonna try out for X Factor?” He raised his eyebrows at me as I asked him the simple question. Harry left out a small ‘no.’ and a sigh.