Chapter 46: Striking A Deal

Start from the beginning

Which meant that we would need to sit tight until tomorrow sometime. Not that, that didn't make me uneasy or worried; because I don't know if this guy can be trusted, or if we're being lead right into an ambush.

I was pulled to a stop when a hand grasped my arm and I watched my friends walk ahead, quietly conversing about different things.

"Hey, I just want to apologize for shoving you earlier, I don't normally lay hands on any women, but I didn't want you to get caught by the people up on the wall, That are on Walker and People Watch." Martínez explained to me and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

It takes a lot for a man to apologize, so that's nice that he's willing to suck up his pride and just apologize, but I'm still on watch with him, he seems far to nice and forth coming with information.

"It's fine, I kind of expected something like that to happen, it was a stupid thing for me to do. Thanks for keeping me from making that mistake Martínez." I sighed, patted his shoulder and nodded at him.

"You know, in the short amount of time I've known you and considering this is my first time talking to you, I can't shake the feeling that you remind me of my Younger Sister. She was so Headstrong, Smart, Beautiful and Fearless." He sighed, removed his hand from my upper arm and rubbed his head.

"Except...her Fearlessness, is what got her killed and I want to avoid any more unnecessary deaths. So, I won't be lettin' you be stupid and Reckless, at least not when I'm around." He smirked and pointed his index finger at me.

"I seem to be someone that EVERYONE wants to protect, but I don't want protection, if it comes at the cost of everyone else dying. You'd do well to remember that Martinez, because I appreciate that you want to protect me, but you should protect yourself, then worry about the ones that are closest to you. I have more then enough people to protect me, thanks though Martínez." I nodded at him and started to walk towards my group.

"I have no one left. Save a few friends in Woodbury, but they're hardly worthy to save, but you. You've got a hellva lot of fight, determination, Loyalty and Will. All that, isn't something you see nowadays, especially in a Woman." He sighed as he started towards Woodbury.

Thank god it was dark out and my friends were only a good ten feet away, I needed to figure out why it was that Caesar was disclosing this much information to me, it seemed shady...Or just a bit too open, in my opinion.

"I'm sorry, I get that for whatever reason, you see your sister in me, but I can't be her--No, I WON'T be her. I have far to much to live for, to end up dead and I have someone that I Love, that I want to Fight beside and Protect." I told him, turned back around and faced him, only to end up facing his back.

"I don't want you to replace her, I was just saying... That no matter how long or short, we've known each other, I feel this protectiveness towards you, it's usually only something I was used to feeling around my Sister and Mother... When they were alive." He reluctantly told me and I watched his face go from Tense, to Solemn.

"I don't know why, but I trust you. I have enough trust towards you, that I told you how to get inside Woodbury. I usually just tell people to run along, or I haul their asses right to The Governor." He remarked and I nodded in understanding.

"I mean, I don't know if what your saying is true, or if you had these five people just take the dead people's clothes and are trying to take over our town; but I'm trusting YOU. I'm trusting that you are telling the truth. Can you do the same for me?" He asked me and I felt my palms begin to sweat.

I've never blindly trusted someone, Trusting someone you know is already nerve racking enough, but Blindly trusting an unknown person?

Ugh, it made me so nervous that my Guts clenched in dread. What if this was all a rouse to lure us in and capture us, to kill us?