SHH: 05

Does anybody else like Cat's inappropriateness and dirty comments  haha *raises hand* she says what I wish I could say out loud lol  (How I imagine Cat to look above ^^)

Sasha amusedly watched Cat as she stumbled out of her room, her actions groggy and her eyes closed. "Why is there so much light! I see too much light—it burns."

Rolling her eyes, Sasha dropped three teaspoons of instant coffee into a mug of hot water. "Coffee, no milk and dry toast."

Falling onto the couch, Cat took the hot mug gratefully. "I haven't been this hungover in a year and nothing can take away the vomit flavour from my mouth. Not even your toothbrush."

"My toothbrush?" Pulling the coffee out of her hand, Sasha collapsed beside her. "Well then, you're going to have to wait until you get home to get your coffee. And your brother is on his way to pick you up and he's bringing a big, greasy breakfast with a side of condemnation."

"We have a town barbeque today, Mum is going to force you to go and you won't be able to wiggle your way out of this one. She's the master of manipulation."

Groaning Sasha buried her face in the pillow. "I already know. Did I not mention that your brother was also picking me up? Your mother has a scary side."

"Knock knock." Mason opened the door and smiled at Sasha's shocked expression. "You didn't think I was going to replace your door and not take a key in case of an emergencies."

Cat laughed and pushed past her brother, shielding her eyes with a couch pillow she'd stolen from Sasha's couch. "Did I mention, overprotective?"

Ignoring the two laughing siblings, Sasha rushed into her room to pick up her jacket. She had tried her damnest to ignore the feeling blooming her stomach when she thought about Harper and what had happened last night. She knew that she would have to face him again today, and she had no idea where she stood with him.

Running to join the two Jennings siblings in the car, Sasha tried to ignore the sly looks they were both giving her, Cat's face looking inappropriately smug. "Are there no secrets in this freaking family?"

Mason laughed, "Harper already told me, for your information. Dropped that bomb in the middle of talking about how he planned to put a state of the art lock on your windows or doors."

Scoffing, Sasha glared at Mason through the rear-vision mirror. "Is that supposed to be some romantic gesture, because I find it plain creepy."

"He's trying to make sure that the only person to come into your house is him." Cat laughed at Sasha's dubious expression.

"Or is he trying to make sure I never escape? Knowing Harper, he'll keep the only key for himself and drive me everywhere." Rubbing her brow, Sasha wouldn't even put it past Harper's protective personality.

Pulling up to a local park, Sasha stared at the sky apprehensively. The clouds had turned a dark grey, blue colour and the telltale sound of thunder rumbled above. She doubted that her jean jacket would do anything other then weigh her down as she tried to run for cover from the rain.

"Are we still having a barbeque? Rain and fire don't usually work that well together."

Mason pulled both girls under his arms and began pulling them towards the large group of people congregating suspiciously close to the only place that would offer relief from the rain—the public toilets.

"Okay girls, I'm going to tell you exactly what to do. Cat, don't make eye contact, don't speak and stand in the corner. Your personality is hard to deal with anyway, but hung-over, you'll scare tiny children with one look." Cat elbowed her brother and pulled away from him, hightailing it towards her parents.