Letter To My Little Girl

Dear sweetie,

As you took step in my world, I had already passed across a lot of hurdles and married to your dad.

But I still have a hurdle to pass through and that's to guide you along the way and make sure you stand after falling.

As a mother I have to hide all my weakness and bring out stronger me and rant about my past life as a strong person.

But I choose to be a friend and a mother who shares you every secret.

Before marrying your dad I had seen future of my life with someone else and I won't lie, I fell so hard in love for that person and as a hopeless girl in love, did everything I could do to protect that relation. I lost myself then and it was hard to find again.

You know sweetie why I'm sharing this with you is to let you be aware of people who will make you fall in love and believe and at the end they will leave you devasted.

But not everyone is the same, so I want you to slow down and take time for everything 'cause it's never too late for anything as long as you take the correct path!

There will be the time when your dad and me we'll tell you to focus on your study,so don't be angry. It's all for you.

You have to be independent and everything will come your way on their own.

Trust me success brings everything in life but that doesn't mean you can't have fun.

Try to find happiness in little  things if life Be yourself and be happy.

You will meet a lot of people everyday but not everyone is sweet as they look so wait and have patience before you lean on them. Also choose few friends then many.

No one is perfect so you might fall someday and people might be laughing at you, but darling that's when you have to stand and make them silent.

Also don't be the one to laugh at someone, because once your mother was in the same state being laughed by people. Even if I wasn't; as a human being and a girl you should never do that.

Remember when someone is being tortured protect them but be aware to protect yourself first.

Sweetie, my hair are turning grey and trust me that's not because of all sun bathing. I have experience of life. I have seen and met so many different people that now, when I think I want to laugh at diversity of this world.

There are many kind of people here, selfish, back biters, sugar-coated, and many more. You will have to face them at a point in your life, so never let their words affect you. Be proud of the girl and as a person you are, never be ashamed of yourself.

You remember princess, when you were little I used to call you star and you always used to ask me :  'mumma, I'm not in the sky, why you call me a star?'

Well, today I'm going to tell you. It was not only because you are star of my planet. It is because you are like a star, every girl is. They shine brightly and give whole world a sight to watch, but at a time in life they have to fall for someone else's wishes. They have to burn their selves for fulfilling someone else's wish.

You will experience it too, may be not now but sometime later. But remember one thing, no matter how many sacrifices and mistakes you make, you will never loose your special position in that constellation. My arms are always open for you sweetheart, at your worst and your good too.

When you were little, you used to dress up in my clothes and used my make up. I watched you numerous of times, pretending to be a bride with a flower in your hand and pouting at your reflection in the mirrors. Your dad used to look at you adoringly but scolded me to not read that much fairy tales to you.

He is scared that you will expect a fairy tale for you, but life isn't always a fairy tale.

Unlike fairy tales, here bad guy is not easy to identify. Here he won't be wearing black cloak and cape, but he would be looking like a prince charming with  a killer smile, and will make you fall for him.

At those times, I know your hormones will control you more but remember one thing, never loose your identity for a guy. Be someone before being someone's. Love yourself before falling in love with someone. Love your body before offering it to that special someone.

I won't tell you to stop believing in fairy tales and concept of prince charming. May be fairy tales presents stupid things like dragons and concept of dreaming. But they also show that how to fight a dragon and go after your dreams. You will get your Prince charming too, have patience :)

Don't be ever defeated by a "no." You will hear it many times before you hear "yes." But also know that sometimes no means no and it's important to respect that. When you respect the no of others, they will respect yours. Learn to know when you should push or when you should respect a "no". I know it's confusing now, but with practice you'll learn to know the difference.

You know baby, When you were little I used to keep you in a baby-proof environment. But as you grew up I don't think I can do that anymore. You have to step out, wearing short clothes and everything. I can't save you from predator's eyes. Please be safe and strong!

Whenever you feel down, try to see yourself through my and your dad's eye. Then you will know how much you are special for us. You are my angel and his princess. You are loved by everyone.

There may be the times when you will hate me. And may be the times when I'm wrong. But please baby, never hate me.

I love you my sweetie, love you from your golden highlighted hair to those little nail art you practice these days.
You are my heart and lifeline. Be happy always.

With lots of blessing and love,
Your 'Mom-chops'

By sasminagurung and fallingstars99