#yourstory India Winner

Suganthii

Suganthi lakshminarayanan,her name itself talks about her strong and powerful personality.
She is a very talented writer who has been  the winner of your story India.

She has different flavors in each book which is quite interesting.

let's take a look at her experiences.

Interview

Welcome to our interview session Suganthii. Thank you so much for taking out time for us.

1. Your stories are mostly based on South Indian background. You yourself are a South Indian living in North India. Are there any cultural or language problems you have had to face? Also, which story setting you prefer more?

- Hello and thanks for having me here!
Well, it is not like that.

If you have observed it, my every story has different settings in them.

In 'A Loan Of Five Rupees' it is Maharashtra and Delhi, 'After the Tsunami' is based on Pondicherry and Chennai, 'Naach Nandini' is from Jharkhand and major story would revolve in Mumbai, 'Not A Simple Engineer Boy!' would cover Maharashtra and Kerala and 'Heart Clips' is basically set in Delhi. So, I try mostly to cover each part of India in my stories. And also I try to cover as much of diversity in my stories, different characters, so as to show our colorful nation.

And answer to the other question is- No, not at all. I may be from South India but I have been brought up here in North India. So, it's not a tough thing for me. As I say, I am South Indian living in North India, therefore, Indian! L.H.S = R.H.S hence proved. *giggles*

2.) Hehe yup! we need mathematical logic in our brains always to understand things.

So How was your overall experience on wattpad? If you had to describe wattpad in one line, what would you say?

- Overall experience has been FABULOUS! I have met few great people and I think some are my best friends too. And also, being a learner this website was something which I had craved for a long time. To describe Wattpad in one line- 'A place where you learn everything while enjoying it.'

3.) I agree, I think I've made some life time friends here too!
Moving on to next question, Who was your inspiration to start writing?

- To be honest, I always had been a writer. When I was nine or something, I used to write poems. It developed to one line micro tales, then more defining poems then short stories and so on. As I say, I love writing short stories, basically a story with 20,000 words or less. They are focused on a particular objective which I want to project. But here, in Wattpad, I am trying to evaluate my standard to a novel writer. Hope, everything turns out positive.

And, my journey to write novel was actually inspired by author Devdutt Pattnaik and Amish Tripathi. Though they have written mythology retellings, I love the way they present a story.

The flow, characterization, description, vocabulary and other major points drive me crazy for their books. Obviously, being a mythology supporter they mix some facts (Devdutt doesn't do that) and people call it blasphemy, but I don't think it in that way. I consider that they are trying to present it in innovative way. I recommend each book of Devdutt Pattnaik to everyone, they are life lessons!