Interview with Mehnaz

MehnazTabassum

Mehnaz Tabassum,the writer who has power to bring words into life and share the truth of the society.

She is a very interesting person ,you will ever come across and her books are even way more interesting.

Most of the people know her as the author of Dear Tara,one of the most beautiful book filled with creative letters.

Here's  a exclusive interview with her to know more about her and her work.

Interview

1. Welcome to our interview session Mehnaz, first of all we want to thank you for joining and giving your time to us. We are so glad to have you here!

-Hello Sarah! Thanks for having me :)

2. Our pleasure! Let's start with questions.
Working and outside life collides with wattpad writing. It must be tough to handle, how do you manage time for writing and keeping up with your fans?

-I don't think I'm in a state to answer this question now, because my life will change in about five weeks (I'll be joining a job). But I'll say this much: it'll be really difficult to balance both lives. 

I could squeeze writing in my schedule all these years because I have only been a student up till now, but with a job, I'm not so sure. When you spend 9am-5pm working as a slave and 5 hours in total commuting, there isn't much scope to do anything else.

I don't have a strategy as of now, but I'm sure I'll come up with something after my office starts. But I won't stop writing. That's one thing that'll be constant in my life.

2. Oh my god! my best wishes for you. It is going to be really tough for you and working as a slave duh..god bless you. Moving on,

Writer's block is something everyone mostly experience once in their career. Have you faced it ever? If yes, how you coped up with it and what's your definition of writer's block.

-Oh, I've faced it plenty of times! I mostly stay away from writing and do other stuff, like, watching TV shows or YouTube, reading books or simply gossiping with my mother for hours. Playing with my pets or cooking helps sometimes too, but the latter usually makes me more upset since I am not a good cook. Haha. 

The trick is to detach yourself from writing and let your brain think of what went wrong and how you can fix it. 

A more difficult approach is to force yourself to 'word-vomit' on paper. It's not a good idea, though. I wrote Dear Tara to come out of writer's block, and as you can tell, the writing is mediocre!

3. Aww, no that's not true. Dear Tara didn't stink of word vomit at all!  It's one of the best book I have ever read :)

You are from Bangladesh. And in your stories, you have hinted many social ethics. What is your view about these issues?

- Ethics is important. I believe in karma, and I always try to be ethical in my deeds because I believe that I will be punished right in this world if I do something unethical/gain something unethically or hurt someone while being unethical. But, well, it's kind of an old fashion thought in today's corrupt world.