Chapter 20 - The Great Wall

"Mi--Mizuno-niisan?!" 

"Long time no see, Janne" The black hair man said to her. He has black topaz eyes color and he wore dark long jacket with black shirts underneath and dark scarf around his neck. He has a very handsome and cool appearances. He let out a soft chuckle. "What's wrong? Are you that surprised I'm home?"

"E-Eh..?! B-Because... Mizuno-niisan once told me you're unable to back home because of your work. And here... You suddenly appeared, of course I'm very surprised! Why you didn't tell me?!?"

"I want to give you a surprise. I was given a day off for awhile so you don't have to worry about it"

"I..see. W-Well, get inside, Mizuno-niisan. Oh!" She looked at him once again and smiled. "Welcome home, Mizuno-niisan!"

Mizuno smiled back at her. "Yeah. I'm home, Janne" He gave her a soft kiss on her forehead, making her blushing and back away from him a little. "You didn't change a bit, did you?" He teased her.

"Mi--Mizuno-niisan!" She shouted and then Mizuno entered the house.

When they reached the living room, all the family members were very happy having him around. They too, same as Janne were really surprised of his sudden arrival. 

"Oh yeah, Mizuno? You haven't met him, right? This is Janne's boyfriend, Mukami Ruki. Ruki, this is Janne's other brother-Mizuno" Shiro introduced them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mizuno-san. My name is Mukami Ruki. I'm currently dating your sister and I'm--"

"Yeah, I know" Mizuno said, cutting Ruki's words. His aura suddenly changed, became rather cold. He looked unhappy about it. "Sorry, I'm tired. I'm heading back to my room" Mizuno said and exit the room.

"Geez~ He didn't changed a bit" Ruka commented. "Well, I'm going to continue the cooking. Let's go, Janne" She pulled Janne towards her direction, followed by Soga and their parents.

"I'm sorry about Mizuno, Ruki-kun. Please don't think about it too much" Her mother said and followed her children to the kitchen.

For Ruki, he still didn't get a slightest clue of what happened. He started to think if he did something wrong with his introduction to made Mizuno became like that. Or something else?

"Um, sorry about that. He's always like that, especially when Janne is involved" Kaito said.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, since they're still children-Mizuno is very close with Janne. He always protect her whenever Janne is in danger. Before, after the incident about Shin-Janne was pretty down and Mizuno was there beside her. Said he promised to not ever let anything harm her, and he will always protect her" Kaito explained about Mizuno.

"...Isn't that like what couples' doing?" Ruki asked.

"Yeah. That's why everyone always said Mizuno is like Janne's boyfriend. His sister-complex is way too worse. He's even worse than Jin. Like before Janne met you, there is a boy confessed to Janne and Mizuno was there to reject him. Said he's not suitable for Janne. His words will be sometimes harsh, so Ruki..." Kaito touched his shoulder. "Good luck"

"Huh?"

***

Dinner Time

When it was the time for dinner, Ruki was asked by Ayumi to joined them for dinner. She also told him to stay over until Janne returned to her apartment. Along the dinner, it was the first time after long time-Ruki had a dinner with a parents. The situation too was different then when he was with Kou, Yuma and Azusa. Even though the sibling were talking to each other, but none of them were fighting or stealing other foods.