Chapter 1

Riley's POV

"Riley dear, could you go clear off that table?" CJ asked me, and I nodded, carrying the plates I already have to a table. "Yeah sure." I said setting the food down in front of the four teenagers. I walked over to table three, and grabbed the dirty cups and plates, carrying them to the back. I dropped them in the water so they could soak while I helped the couple who just came in. "Hello. My name is Riley, and I am going to be your server for tonight." I said grabbing the notebook from my apron. "How may I help you?" I asked, and clicked my pen, getting ready to write. "Yeah. I'll have a lemonade and a basket of fries." The lady said, and I nodded writing down the abbreviations for the items. "Alright and how about you." I said to the man, and looked up from the paper. "I'll have the same thing." He said, and I nodded once again. "Alright. I'll be right out with that." I said, and turned away, going to get their drinks.

After the couple had been served, and left, I cleared off their table, as well as the other ones. "Hey, would you mind closing up tonight?" CJ asked me, and I nodded. "Yeah of course." I said pushing a stray hair that fell out of my ponytail behind my ear. "Thank you. I'm sorry. I just got a call from the babysitter telling me that Jackson threw spaghetti all over." She said grabbing her purse and hanging her apron up. "No problem." I said continuing to wipe down the tables. I heard the back door close, and I turned off the open sign.

After I had everything cleaned up and locked up, I got ready for the long jog home. I ran down the long streets, taking in the Arizona air. It was a dry dense, and hot, even with it being 9:00. I watched the familiar surroundings pass by, and eventually reached the front steps to my apartment building. When I unlocked my apartment door, I was instantly surrounded by my roommates. "Hey Riley. Did you hear about One Direction? They're taking a break!" Regan complained from the left of me. "No I didn't. And I couldn't care less." I said pushing past her, and she threw her hands down. "I saw that coming." She said pulling out her phone, probably to text one of her other crazed Directioner friends.

I walked out into the living room and Kenedie sat down next to me. "Tyler is going to be in town next week." She said playing a game of Crossy Road on her phone. I really didn't understand the popularity of that game. "Great." I muttered under my breath. "Yeah. Regan is pretty excited." She said, and I rolled my eyes. "When is she going to dump him? He is literally the most common sense-lacking person I have ever met." I said trying to suppress a giggle. "Yeah." Kenedie said getting lost in her game again. "I sighed and stood up, I think I'm going to crash tonight. See ya tomorrow" I said carrying my laptop into my room. I set it down on my desk, and got changed into a pair of shorts and a T-shirt.

After I brushed through my tangles, and got settled, I opened up my laptop again pulling up YouTube. I signed into my account, and checked all of the updates. There were a few from Jacksepticeye, Pewdiepie, Markiplier, and even a few uploaded from my friend Yoami. I sighed, realizing I needed to edit another one for her tonight.

I kept scrolling until one caught my eye. 'Surprise give away!' by Skydoesthings. I opened it up, and saw four familiar faces light up the screen. "Hey what's going on guys! Sky here, and I'm with Barney, Max, and Weenie Butt." He said, and started to sing the weenie butt remix. I smiled, mostly because he did this every episode, and it never really got old. "Okay so anyways guys. The real reason we are here is to announce something important." At that, I perked up and out of my half asleep-half awake state. "We're going to be giving away a trip to Washington to meet us and see what a day in the life of all of us is like." He said, and my hopes got really high. "It's a seven day trip and you'll be staying at my house with Alesa and I. All you have to do to enter is like this video and comment your name down below in the comment section. We will be choosing someone at random, and may the odds ever be in your favor." He finished, and Ross looked at him like he was crazy. "Isn't that from the Hunger Games?" He asked, and Adam shrugged. "I think so." Max said, and I clicked out of the video. "It's probably just a bunch of random shit' I thought to my self, and closed out of YouTube all together.