Chapter 1

KIANNA'S POV

  I loved being able to live in Metropolis, even though crime rates have gone up recently. It was nothing Superman didn't try his best to respond to, though. Occasionally, you would spot other well-known heroes here, in Metropolis, too (if you were lucky).
  Unfortunately, the only hero I have ever been able to actually spot with my own two eyes was Superman. Not that there was anything wrong with Superman, but an interesting fact about me (that may seem really random) was that I worked as a waitress at a nearby diner, which wasn't a horrible way to keep a roof over my head.

  A few seconds ago, I had just returned home from my long and chaotic 12-hour shift at the diner. I prayed that I would never have to work that shift again, but you never know... I crashed on the sofa, but I couldn't not hear the two people that were yelling outside.
  I sighed and ran my hand over my face, realizing that it was my next-door neighbors that wanted to yell right now. All they ever did was argue and complain to me about their problems.

  I didn't want to hear about their problems today, so I locked my front door to make sure that they didn't invite themselves inside again. I turned around and walked up to my bedroom. Immediately, I took off my clothes and changed into my pajamas.
  For my pajamas tonight, I went with a short Superman t-shirt and pajama pants that were red. I walked back down the stairs and into the kitchen. Since working a 12-hour shift made you hungry, I fixed myself a bowl of cereal.

  I picked up my bowl of cereal and walked towards the living room, but I suddenly heard,"KIANNA! KIANNA!"

  I yelped in surprise and dropped my bowl of cereal. I groaned and looked back up at my best friend, Lois Lane. Lois worked at the Daily Planet, and she was great at what she did. Sure, I wondered what it was like to work at the Daily Planet, but I loved what I did, too. I did.

  Lois chuckled and said,"Kianna, are you there, honey? Did you hear anything that I just said to you?"

  I looked down at the mess that I now had to clean up, but I crouched down and said to Lois,"You finally found the key that I gave you, huh? I didn't hear anything that you just said to me, though. I'm sorry, Lois."

  Instead of answering my question, Lois crouched down beside me and helped me clean up the mess that I just made. I thanked Lois for her help, then I walked with Lois over to the sofa.

  Lois sat down beside me and took my hand saying,"There's a very special party going on tonight, and I wanted to invite you. Will you come with me?"

  I chuckled at Lois anxiously waiting for my response, but then I nodded and smiled at Lois saying,"Sure, why not?"

  Lois squealed and hugged me tightly. I laughed and hugged Lois back. Lois kissed my cheek, yet I noticed Lois already had a dress with her and a couple of other things. Typical Lois... She knew that I was gonna say yes, which brought a smile to my face. I just ran up to my bedroom and got dressed.
  I made sure that I got dressed very quickly, hoping the night would go well in return. I wasn't the best with conversations, though, but I would attempt to make it through the whole night without embarrassing myself. I grabbed my wallet, purse, and necklace, before I carefully made my way down the stairs.

  Lois smiled and said,"You look amazing, Ki. Let's go."

  I smiled at Lois and followed her out the door. Once we made it to the party, I noticed a familiar limo pull up. I went to walk towards the limo, but Lois pulled me inside the party instead. I pouted, yet I could talk to him later. I went to grab a drink or two, but Lois hit my hand and gave me a look.

  I laughed and said,"I'm kidding, Lois. Relax."

  Lois laughed, but she smiled leading me over to one of the vacant tables. Lois and I sat down pretty fast, worried that someone might try to take our chairs to add to their table.
  Lois turned her head to see what dishes were sitting on the table a few feet away from us, then she stood to her feet to get some food for the two of us. I chuckled and gently pushed her back down in the chair.

  I sent her a smile saying,"I've got this one, Ms. Lane. Be right back!!"

  Lois nodded and blew me a kiss, before I headed through the crowd that wanted to form out of nowhere in front of the table with the food on it. I grabbed Lois and I what I thought would be enough food for the both of us, then I turned, only to bump into Lex Luthor.