"Not everyone can be bought." I argue angrily.

"I beg to differ, Andrea." He goes back to his chair and gestures the two chairs opposite of him. "Either way, take a seat and we shall discuss about your job obligations."

"And what makes you think I'll be working for you?"

He expects me to work for him after he just threatened to take my babies away from me?! He is so wrong. Unas cachetadas es lo que se merece [Some slaps is what he deserves]!

"You think you have a choice." He stands up, making his way to me.

As he walks towards me, I walk backwards. I don't want him near me. My behind hits the door, but that's not enough. I press by back and my head against the door. I try the handle one last time. Nope. Still locked.

Despite his height, Mr. Dunkle manages to rest his hands on the door, on either side of my head, giving me no chance to escape. He lowers his head to face me directly, his nose almost touching mine. "I have enough evidence to take your siblings away from you."

I push my eyeglasses up my nose and raise my chin slightly, creating some distance between us. "And what is your proof, Mr. Dunkle?"

"One, you work at night, leaving your siblings home alone. Two, you blacked out for seven hours and eleven minutes, leaving your siblings unattended with a stranger. Least to say with a man. Three, while you chased Perez and your sister around your house, you left your brothers with Perez, which you've only known him for 25 days. Four, you turned eighteen on August thirty first, but your parents were deported on June first." He lifts his hand, cupping is chin and rubbing his lower lip with his forefinger. I take the opportunity to get out, but he puts his hand back on the door.

"Finally, if you believe Sheriff McCarthy will be able to help, you're mistaken."

My eyes widen. "Are you stalking me? You're sick. That's so messed up."

"Don't change the subject, Andrea."

"Me?" I point myself with my right hand while I use my left hand to reach into the cute owl satchel I got for my fourteenth birthday, searching for the pepper spray my dad gave me or the one Sheriff McCarthy gave me. Either one will work right now. "Why would I do such a thing?" I laugh nervously.

"I have no idea." He grasps my wrist, not once leaving my gaze. "You tell me."

I gulp, "Please, don't touch me."

Hesitating, he lets go. "If you work for me, I won't take your family away." Still looking into my eyes, he starts to bring his hand up to my cheek, but turns it into a fist last second, bringing it back down. "You decide."

I'd kick you where the sun doesn't shine!

"Choose wisely," he interrupts my thoughts.

"I will," I start lifting my right knee in between his legs, but he stops it with his hand. He slides his hand to the back of my knee, bringing my leg up the side of his hip.

Ay, Diosito lindo [Oh, dear God]. Wait. No! I slap away his hand. Taking much needed air, I start sliding down the door. And he puts his hands right under my pits.

I sigh exasperated, tired of all of this. "Why do you want me to work for you? I'm not the only one. There are many seeking for this kind of opportunity."

He doesn't say anything. "That's classified information."

"It isn't if it involves me."

"Will you work for me or not."

If I'll be working for him, then he better suffer the consequences.

I slap him. Hard, very hard. "Yes, I'll work for you."

¤ ¤ ¤

Hiii, beautiful readers! How's April going so far? Did you do any pranks on April Fool's Day? I did and I got grounded, (sigh) but it was worth it. ;)

I hope you liked this chapter! And I want to thank you guys again for supporting this book. It means so much that you're enjoying it! I hope we keep going through this journey together.

19.8K reads and 680 votes! Hooray! I can't believe it! I feel that it's a dream, but it's not. Wow! And for that, I just want to keep writing amazing chapters for you guys.

Have a wonderful day everyday! 'Til next time! :)

Ciao,

chocoholic_28