1

YEAR: 1949

Help me. I can't stand it anymore. But what can I do? I'm just a useless piece of gargabe. Well...at least that's what mum and dad say. They say I'm nothing more than mistake. I hate them...at least I think I do. They say I'm too young to have any sort of opinion; I guess they're right. I mean, I am just a dumb six year old. I really wanna just get up and leave...wait...why don't I get up and leave? I'm gonna do it...tonight.

As soon as I was sent to my room for the night, I grabbed my messenger bag and started filling it with everything I need: toys, food, and water. Once I heard mums door slam, I climbed out of the window and tumbled onto the cold, wet ground. I brushed off the dirt on my jacket and picked the damp leaves out of my hair.

I started running down the street in hopes that I'd find a house with an open window; I had no such luck. I must've run at least 1,000 miles before I found an open window. I knocked down the trash can and rolled it over to the window so I could climb in. Once the bin was all set up, I hopped on and struggled to open the window.

After a great ordeal, I pried the window open and threw my belongings in. As I stood up, I looked around the dark, mysterious room to find a boy staring at me. He sat up in his bed and turned his lamp on.

"Hi..." I whispered.
"Hi..."