I'm Alive

The cannon thought to be mine wasn't. I'm alive, laying on the ground, the colors blending into the sounds. My arms seems to have a heartbeat and my body's sticky with my blood. I can't see, the pain is too horrible, and I hear fighting behind me. The clanging of metal to metal, and a scream fills the air, Rue. I lost Faylnn, not her too. My eyes feel like lead but, I force them open. In fount of me is Rue with a gash in her side and Rory both whom are fighting Cato in front of them. Cato grabs Rue and points the sword to her throat, suddenly a man jumps on him. They wrestle and Rue yells, "Thresh!" He glances at her as their fighting, "Go!" We grab our stuff and Rue winces, her side is oozing and she can hardly run. My arm dangles by my side, pain flaring as I walk, no time to look at it now. We try to run as far and fast as we can and make it back to the cave. This time without Faylnn.

     We crawl under the rocks and make it to the inside. There's no way anyone will find us in here. I check my wound it's a badly broken bone but nothing more, I need a splint but I can't risk making one right now. Rue groans and I walk over inspecting her gash. It's a eight decree wound and I need the proper medical instruments to heal her, but they're a fortune and not something Haymitch will be sending in a parachute. We hear a cannon in the distance, then an other, I wonder if that was Cato... Or Thresh... Or both...

    The night falls slowly and the anthem plays, then the faces appear and I don't want to yet, I watch. Marvel and Glimmer. Cato, so he did die, Clove, good riddance. The girl from four who partnered with the careers. Faylnn, I shed a tear as her face shines in the sky. Finally, Thresh. The anthem plays again but the sky isn't dark, a voice speaks out, "A feast will be prepared at the Cornucopia at sunrise, each district will have a bag with their number on it that has what they need most." The anthem plays and they sky grows dark again. I look at Rory he shakes his head but I need those bags, Rue's bag probably has Lightum Hinum, the cure for her wound size, Rory and I's, well, I have know idea what's in that one.

    "I'll take watch.", I say to the two others, "Rest.", I'm not going to take watch, they'll be fine in this cave. I'm going to sneak out to the Cornucopia whether they like it, or not. Rue lets her wound breathe and lays on top of her sleeping bag. Rory gets in mine because we only have two now and I'm taking "watch" anyway. "Hey.", he looks at me in the dark glow his chiseled figures look angelic, "You dropped this." He hands me my sliver locket and I grasp it firmly. He probably doesn't know this but, this almost brought me to my senses, Katniss needs me alive to function. Almost brought me to my senses, Almost.