Rashions

I wash my cut deeply and find herbs to help it heal. It helps in a life or death situation that your mom's a healer. I rip my jumpsuit and rap it around my cut, I'll be fine as long as I don't run like that soon. We followed the river and find a small cave where we set up camp, it's a decent size and we use rocks to hide the entrance. "I grabbed a backpack.", Fay said holding up a small bag, "So did I.", I continue, "And a set of knifes.", I smile and so does Rue, "That's great news... For us.", She smiles and pulls out a sleeping bag, "This is all I could grab.", she whispers but It's better than nothing, "Should we split the rashions?", I ask and we all nod.

    One pack of beef jerky, two granola bars, a bottle of iodine, a sleeping bag and a knife, every one gets these and of course I keep my throwing knifes. I fiddle with the handles of them, the sliver patterns engraved onto it are elegant designs. I smell a rich smoke and volunteer to check it out, I wiggle through the entrance and follow the smell.  Not far away I see a girl warming her hands over a fire she has red hair but, I haven't seen her much in the training center.

I hear voices and duck behind a bush gripping the handle tighter, I watch the girl try to scramble but the careers catch her, "Oh started a fire did you?", Mocked Glimmer, "Kill her Cato.", Glimmer flirtatiously glanced at Cato. A girl from one and a boy from two? Gag! Clove glared at Glimmer and I managed a smile, poor Clove, your crush doesn't like you? Then it hits me, Rory doesn't like me, but I never liked him...

     Cato takes his sword and slowly slits her neck, I press my head trying not to throw up. The cannon goes off marking her death but the careers don't move. "We're do you think he is?", asks Marvel, "He'll know where she is." "Let's go this way.", Glimmer points and I hold my breath, luckily she points in the opposite direction. "Fine!", Clove spats. "Let's go Marvel!" I heave out a heavy sigh but, my heart stops, they're going after Rory. I sneak out of the bush and wiggle through the entrance, ready to tell them what I heard.