Rory's Love

Cinna reviewed the plan for my interview, "So, Do not pull the string until he talks about your potential." I fiddle with the black string tied around my waist it blends in with my entire black maxi dress. No diamonds this time, just black like the simple coal. I nod my head but turn my eyes towards Rory, he stands in a black suit and has very little talked to me since my twelve. "Thanks Cinna.", I smile and he looks into my face he looks stressed and I feel that way too. One day until the games...

     I stride over to Rory, "Hey-", I start to talk to him but he keeps walking, completely unaware that I exist. "Fine.", I mutter, "It's not like I am a day away from my death or anything." I feel my bun where a black pendant lays and sigh, all of my family flashes through my head, Katniss, whom if I die will never repair, My mom, who is already beyond repair, and my dad, who is far beyond broken... I hear his voice singing and the Mockingjays falling silent, he wasn't soposed to sing this song but it's forever burned into my head...

Are you, Are you
Coming to the tree?
The strung up a man they say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here, no stranger it would be,
If we met up at midnight in the hanging tree.

     The other lyrics are fuzzy but in hard times I repeat these over in over until the anger has resided. I feel a tap on my shoulder and Haymitch stands there looking more tired than the day before, "It's time for your interview, Sweetheart.", he chuckles and I smile at him, he isn't so bad when you get to know him. Definitely when he has no beer in him too. "Ok", I reply and we head down to the stage.

...

     I watch nervously as Caesar interviews Fay, "So, any loved ones at home?", Fay goes into wander mode and slowly speaks up, "Just my sister Gracie, she is my only family and friend in district five, and no matter what happens to me in that arena, Well...", she paused and glanced into the camera, "You're an amazing sister." Shockingly the capital doesn't care as much as they should, this is why the hunger games are wrong, so many people losing family members.

     After many of interviews, Rue is called, "Rue", Caesar starts, "What will stop you from dying in the arena?" "Well,", Rue smiles but there is no happiness behind it, "I'm fast so don't count me out and I have the best allies in the world." Rue is soon directed off stage and I wait as her district partner finishes up. Finally my name is called, I walk up and take a seat next to Caesar, his hair is powdered blue this hunger games, it changes every year. "Primrose!", Caesar calls out, "Twelve! Wow! How did you get that amazing score?" I remark with a simple, "I'm special.", he looks confused and then says, "How, I don't see any thing different?" This is it Cinna wants me to pull the string, I stand and pull out the ribbon, my black dress unfolds in a blinding light into a plain sliver ball gown. I know what Cinna wants, "Well, Sometimes you have to look harder."

     The Capital whispers as I leave but, I watch as Rory talks, "Any special girl back in twelve?", Caesar nudges his shoulder and I laugh to myself, "Yes Caesar,", Rory says and my mouth hangs open, "She is the most beautiful, amazing, and talented girl I've ever seen", my fits clinch and I want him to stop but he doesn't, "And in that arena I will only think about seeing you in twelve.", Tears stream down my face, why do I care so much? I run into my room and sling myself across my bed sulking.