The Cornacopia

I don't talk to Rory and avoid him completely.  At least one of us has to die anyway right? It's the morning of the games and I think all about the girls agreement, In the Cornucopia we will all grab at least one item then run to the right of the entrance, from there we will come to an agreement on where we should make camp, and nothing on that arena will lead to us killing each other.

     I look down at Cinna who's fitting on my black jumpsuit. He slips a gray jacket on me and stands up, looking at me you can tell he's trying his hardest not to cry. "Um, the jacket ratites your body heat and the jumpsuit protects you from the elements.", he tells me holding back his tears, "And most of all...", he slips my silver locket around my neck and I clutch it breathing heavily, "You know I'm rooting for you Dimond in the Ruff."

"Thanks Cinna.", I hug him tightly and when I release his tears start flowing. I step on the silver platform and the glass incases me inside, it slowly rises until I'm standing in a forest. All I can see is trees, the metal Cornucopia, and twenty three other tributes. Rue is three platforms away from me, Fay is ten, and Rory... Rory is right next to me. He looks at me and shakes his head and I look away from him and stare at the Cornucopia. I eye a set of knifes gleaming from with in, I must get them!

Five.
Four.
I get ready to run.
Three.
Two.
Run.

I dash avoiding spears and arrows, but I keep running to the knifes. A man gets speared next to me, his blood splatters against the floor. I see Clove, she too is going for the knifes but I reach there first. "You!", she screams at me, I grab a orange backpack as I'm fleeing. "Marvel get her!", Clove yells and a spear pearces my thigh and I scream and pain but I can't stop running. Rue and Fay are in front of me, "Run!", I scream they start sprinting, "We need to find water!", Fay says and we all agree and keep running despite my pain.

...

     Eleven people. That's how many died in the hands of the Capital, eleven innocent people. I keep running, my leg now burning so bad bathing in fire would be less painful. "Wait!", I call my voice parched and they come to a holt, "Berries!" I grab a handful of blueberries and try to shove it in my mouth. "Stop!", Fay slaps the berries out of my hand, "That's nightlock! Deadly but quick, You can use it if you know you don't stand a chance because it's the less painful way to die... But your not diying on us!" She sighs and Rue taps her on the shoulder. They whisper for a bit then Rue looks up, "Prim, you need a rest and we're not finding any- water!", she runs around the bush and jumps into a river... A river! We all laugh and are obviously delusional but we don't care. I sling the backpack off my shoulder and collapse by the river.