Chapter 8

The only reason she heard them was because of Enki. He relayed their words, and as he did she slowly started to hear the words Ikora said. Her full lips moved. And she heard the words.

She heard everything.

The blood dripping on the floor. Nathaniel's heavy breathing. She raised her hand to rest on the cracked glass, shards cutting into her skin. Blood coated the glass and stained it pink.

"What do you want?" Kyrine seethed.

Ikora's gaze was leveled with hers. "Answers."

"I'm sure they're not ones I am willing to give." She snarled, anger simmered in her black veins. Her eyes narrowed. Nathaniel watched; pulse quickening when he heard shards fall to the floor outside of the glass confinement.

His eyes darted from the glass falling to her narrowed eyes that were focused on the menacing woman in front of her.

She was breaking through.

Ikora payed no attention to the shards at her feet. Only the terrifying expression that was set on the woman's face. Her nose was scrunched and her teeth were bared. Her gums had now turned black, and her pristine teeth that were clenched in anger.

And Ikora relished the fact that it was her she was angry at.

"With persuasion anything is possible."

With that remark the room was silent, save for Kyrine's finger picking away at loose shards. And blood dripping on the floor under her.

She eyed the hand cannon strapped to the Vanguard woman's waist. Her posture was rigid, expecting anything from the livid woman behind the glass. Both were expecting something from the other, scenarios ran through Kyrine's head. Anger was bubbling between them now.

___________________________

Break the glass with a kick or punch, minor casualties. Disoriented Ikora is the best Ikora. I thought to myself.

She had the balls of a god damned Ogre.

Locking me up with biological warfare was low. Ikora didn't go low unless what she was going low for, was higher then what was standing in her way.

'With persuasion anything is possible.'

With persuasion, anything really is possible, isn't it?

There were probably thousands of words to say to her, to express the hatred I felt.

But only two of them really conveyed anything.

"Fuck. You."

And then the glass shattered. The whole wall crumbled, shards bounced off the floor, and it sounded like thousands of souls had been released.

Ikora's eyes widened, and her lips parted. I didn't see Nate's reaction.

A scream echoed in the room as I tackled her to the floor.

___________________________

Nathaniel watched the glass crumble, the whole front wall collapsed between Vanguard and Guardian. There was a cynical smile that slowly came onto his friends face as the shards fell quickly.

He couldn't see Ikora's face, but her body seemed frozen in time. Frozen by fear?

The little monster beside her heaved a breath and jerked its head. It's hiss slithered from its mouth disgustingly.

Watch As We Burnजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें