Chapter 2

I slept well. For once..I did. And I think the only  reason that happened was because of the man beside me. Nate. I felt weak still. The initial shock had been replaced by numbness and denial over night. And I knew it wasn't healthy. I laid in my friend's arms all night, and slept peacefully. He was warm and big, comforting. And I..liked that. I liked it a lot.

I opened my eyes, remembering how two days ago, I had woken up seeming fine.

But I wasn't. I'm still not.

I leaned up, pain in my abdomen making me collapse back onto the bed.

But it wasn't only that, that made me fall back. I laughed to myself as I looked down at big, tan arms locked around me, Nate's head rested on my chest peacefully. I relaxed, remembering our conversation from last night. And I smiled at him, twisting his dark locks in my fingers, and gliding my fingertips across his face.

I opened up, I'm not a loner anymore.

And I feel closer to him, more then anyone I've ever encountered.

I'm scared, I realized. Scared of commitment.

But what was I even committing to? We aren't in an intimate relationship.

I'm committing to my feelings. Accepting them. My fingers stopped as I sucked in a breath.

I tried moving my legs, to get out of bed. But our legs were almost interlaced under the burgundy duvet. My bed was big for me, but for a burly Titan plus me..it was cramped. He made up for it, I realized, by keeping his body molded to mine.

I need to get up. I feel trapped. My mind raced and I felt claustrophobia coming on.

Re-fucking-lax! I yelled at myself, It's Nate. Only Nate. I know who this is. This isn't Cabal, or Thrall trying to climb up my body and devour me..

I closed my eyes as I separated from Nate slowly, voices becoming apparent again. And my head hurt once more.

I turned on my side and scooter closer to him, giving in.

I tucked my head under his chin, pulling the covers over us so I was warm and glued to his being. I feel his hair on my cheek and I breathed in his man-smell.

The voices stopped again. And my head was silent.

I looked up, and shifter closer. Pressing my lower body to his and intertwining our legs. My hand pressed to his cheek.

This was more physical contact then I had ever allowed myself. I was comfortable. But not uncomfortable either. I looked across his face, studying his appearance. The dark circles have faded somewhat now that he's rested.

And not worrying about me...

I felt guilt scratch at my brain, then I pushed it back. I have no reason to feel guilty, what happened to me.. My thoughts paused as Nate shifted, wrapping his arms around me as I tensed.

Is he awake? I retracted my hand, placing both on his chest as I curled into his heat.

"Morning, Rine." I fisted his shirt into my hands and my eyes flew open, and my heart stuttered.

Please. Please, don't let him have been awake the entire time.

I leaned away, looking at him. His brown eyes were tired and smiling.

"Nate." I murmured quietly.

"I like it when you get closer, and I know that you haven't done it before but..I want you to know I understand."