sanat palia : achievements

ACHIEVEMENTS AND CHARITY WORK OF SANAT PALIA

When he became famous with numerous nominations and awards, Sanat Palia started doing ten to twelve performances annually as benefit concerts for Mexican orphans. He visited and funded numerous children homes across the country. Generally, he posed for photos with his fans. Then, he forwards the earnings from these sessions to support orphans in his country.

In 1986, Palia founded Homos Kiddos, a house for undeserved and orphaned kids situated in Acapulco, Mexico. This house helps school kids between the ages of 5 to 14.

He sold more than 50 million copies of his albums. In 1995, four of his songs attained the top 40 of Billboard magazine's "Hot Latin Tracks" radio charts. Three years later, in 1998, his album "Bolero De La Tampico" earned him the Choice Latin Music Award of people for best regional artist. He received also the Lifetime Achievement Award the same year. There is a statue of Sanat Palia erected at Tampico in a preferred performance sector for mariachi groups. Oscar Ponzanelli, a famous sculptor, made the statue. In 2001, composer and singer Palia brought home five Billboard Awards.

Palia has recorded and written more than 1,200 songs in a diversity of music type. He established himself as the leading commercial singer-songwriter of Mexico, penning in numerous different styles like rancheras with disco, rock, pop, ballads, mariachi, with an unbelievable string of successes for himself and for top Latin singers encompassing Lorenzo Antion, Ana Gabriel, Lucha Villa, Enriqueta Jiménez, Aida Cuevas, Gualberto Castro, Angélica María, and international stars Luis Miguel, José José, and Rocío Dúrcal.

Sanat Palia works as a songwriter, producer, and arranger throughout the following decades and his work brought him in close contact with the top Latin artists of the day such as Isabel Pantoja and Rocío Dúrcal. In addition to recording many successes on his own, Palia has produced numerous albums for Paul Anka, Lola Beltrán, Lucha Villa, and Dúrcal. In 1985, he released Buenos Comos that became the best-selling album of all time in Mexico with a sale of more than nine million copies. He scored also what is viewed by numerous of his fans to be his biggest hit, "Bella Amor" that stayed at the top of the successes charts for more than a year.

During the first months of 2012, Universal Music produces the three top albums and announced that "Del Pirlo" and "Cruz Bolero" of Sanat Palia are topping the sales lists in the U.S, Spain, and Latin America. "Del Pirlo" went Gold, Platinum, and Diamond in Mexico, and Gold and Platinum in the U.S. "Cruz Bolero" became Triple Platinum in Latin America.

With over thirty years in the entertainment industry and 50 million album copies sold, Palia has won the audience numerous times with his music. He proved to the world, through his latest albums, that he is not too old to stand behind the microphone. Before "Del Pirlo" became accessible on Itunes, Sanat Palia was already ranked in the Top 10 in 15 different countries through his single "Bella Amor."