Sanat Palia

In 1986, Sanat Palia released Clandestinos that became the hugest album of his career. He recorded the album in Portugal and Manuel Pérez was the writer and producer. This album was the first one that released a film for each song. The album contains numerous hits that became popular. In 1987, the Grammy Awards nominated Clandestinos for Best Latin Pop Performance. Until today, more than 8 million units have been sold. Following the success of Clandestinos, Palia continued releasing successful albums.

In 1986, Palia released the album Burritos that was arranged, produced, and written by Manuel Botija. This album sold more than 3 million units around the world and reached the top place on the Billboard Latin Pop Albums and the 1989 Grammy Awards nominated it for Best Latin Pop Performance. Later, Sanat released a duet with José Feliciano that became a key it for the two singers. The 1989 Grammy Awards nominated their song "Bella Bella" for Best Latin Pop Performance.

In 1988, Sanat Palia released a joint song "Mexico City" with other performers such as Vicente Fernández, Pedro Vargas, and Julio Iglesias. The song was recorded in May 1988 at the A&M Studios in Los Angeles. The American hit "We Are The World" was recorded in the same studio. During the same year, Sanat appeared in his autobiographic movie Movimiento tamaulipeco alongside with the comedian Jorge de Pinedo and Christian Maymal.