Chapter Six

Jackson's POV

"What's up with the smile Jack?"

I lost count at how many times that question was asked to me on the day I agreed to be Jason's friend. I couldn't keep myself from smiling, it just happened. My mind kept replaying the moments I had with him and then a smile was formed on my lips. I had never felt this happy before and it was the best feeling ever.

The next day I woke up early and did all my work. I was expecting Jason to come and I wanted us to have enough time to chat, so I finished my work early and waited for him. When the morning passed with no sign of him, I told myself that he may come in the afternoon. So when the night came, I was a bit disappointed since he didn't show up.

The twins assured me that he will show up tomorrow and that maybe he was just busy to show up on that day. So with a smile and hope that he will come tomorrow, I went to sleep. What I didn't know was that he would not show up the next day or the day next to that. Days passed and turned into a week with no sign of him. A week turned into two and I felt my heart break. I was ditched by a new found friend and I didn't even knew what I did wrong.

"I want to go home for some days. I need some time alone." That was what I said to Minerva when I woke up. I needed sometime alone to think of what was happening to me. I didn't understand why I was feeling so down because of being ditched by Jason. Sometimes it felt like rejection and that hurt so much.

She allowed me to leave and I assured the twins that I will be fine on my own. They didn't want to let me leave alone but I refused to have them go with me. I needed to deal with my feelings alone. So I left the orphanage and went to the place I called home.

I was glad when I found the house not in good shape. Working on it would help me not think about my failure at friendship. I know to other people, friendship wasn't a thing to get worked up on but it was different for me. For once in my life, I felt that I had someone to call a friend, a real friend. So yeah, it was a big deal for me.

What I didn't expect though, was a knock on the door. Imagine my surprise at seeing him outside my door. When I saw him scanning my body, I felt something. Self-conscious. What will he think about my body? Was it good enough for him? Did he like what he saw of my exposed skin? I quickly brushed off the thoughts as I didn't even understand it myself, why I thought of that. I bit my lip in nervous and gasped as I felt him embrace me.

I threw my hands round his neck and held on to him. I could feel his warmth as it spread through my body. Tears fell down my face and I held him tight. I pleaded to him not to move as I wanted to stay that way with him. Jason came back for me. He didn't abandon me or forgot about me. So I cried tears of happiness and relief.

"What are you thinking about?" Jason ask in a whisper beside me and I turn to him and find him already staring at me. I look away from him and gaze back at the sky.

"Nothing much." I say. We are currently laying down in a room inside the house. The twins likes watching the stars at night, so I removed the roof on this room so that we are able to watch the stars while inside the house.

After making Jason stay with me for the night, we prepared supper together. It wasn't much and I was glad he didn't say anything negative about the food I had. After eating the food, I suggested we watch the stars so we ended up on the floor in this room. No one had said a thing until he wanted to know my thoughts.

"Tell me more about you Jack." Jason says.

"There is not much I know about myself. I just know that when my parent's died, I was brought here to live with my aunt and uncle."