Chapter Seven

"KYLE what the hell is wrong with you? Hasn't anyone ever told you not to go tapping on girls windows in the middle of the night?"

"Actually no Annika. I don't even believe that's a thing people teach their kids."

"Shut up."

I frown at him as he climbs through my window without even being invited in. He kicks his shoes off and sits on my bed.

"What are you doing here Kyle?" I ask showing my agitation.

"I would like to know why you told me off, hurt my feelings when I really hadn't done anything wrong, and then mysteriously jumped out of a window. Not to mention you left school after that."

I sigh, obviously realizing I wasn't going to get a break. I sit on my bed as well and look at him.

"Kyle, there's something I have to tell you, but you have to swear you won't think I'm insane."

He considers this for a moment and then nods, pushing me further.

"Okay well I had this super weird dream, where you killed my whole family and then came after me. When you came after my I attacked you and we'll ran. Ever since then I've been terrified of you, but I've been getting more and more weird dreams."

He goes to speak but I cut him off.

"Now I'm even having these dreams when I'm awake."

"So, like memories?" He asks.

"Precisely."

"But I haven't killed your family. They're downstairs eating."

"I know that's the weird part. These memories. I know they're memories, but I can't figure out why the man in my memories isn't here anymore. It's like he's just disappeared."

"Wait what man?"

I sigh and begin to explain each and every memory occurrence. By the time I had finished it was well after midnight and I had already had to hide him twice when my parents asked to talk to me.

"That's really weird Annika." He says nervously, almost like he was afraid he'd trigger something in me.

"Kyle you gotta believe I'm not crazy" I snap at him.

"No no no I never said you were."

I roll my eyes and yawn. "I'm going to be so damn tired all day tomorrow."

Kyle smiles sheepishly and pats the pillow next to him.

"Come on, sleep. We'll talk about this more tomorrow morning."

"Okay, just let me change into something more comfortable."

I quickly change into shorts and an oversized tee. When I get back to my room I gasp. Kyle was already snoozing away. On my side of the bed.

Rude.

I crawl into the other side of the bed and rest my head on the pillow. Sleep drags me down and I soon drift off to my dreams.

******

I wake with a start. I look around the room and find it empty. Well I mean the furniture is still there, but I'm pretty sure I fell asleep with one other person inside the room.

I scratch my side and climb out of bed, stretching quite graphically.

Looking over something catches my eye. A solitary rose sat on my desk with a sticky note on it.

Thank you for last night.
~Kyle

I smile and jump around for a few seconds, of course this doesn't last long because it's a Sunday morning and I realize it's early. Like to early to even see the sun. I'm pretty sure Kyle hadn't expected me to see this for a few more hours at least.

Sighing in defeat I get back into bed and go back to sleep.

*****

I lean over on his shoulder and smile.

"I missed you mister!" I squeal.

He wraps his strong arms around me and smiles back at me.

"I missed you too, business trips keep getting in my way."

"It's okay mister, I forgive you."

"I love you, you know that right?"

There's a pause as I take in what he had said.

"I think I love you too."

"You promise?"

" I promise mister, with all my heart."

*****

I slowly wake up, the memory fading, a smile on my face.

****
Okay okay, before you go all, psycho on me
I'm sorry
I'm hitting a major writers block and I need inspiration.
I'll try to update soon.
Don't forget to vote and comment!
XoXo
~Late