"Uncle Rob just wasn't informed that you're here in Britain." Callum said "To him, you're just like a girl in one of Steve's stories."

"Well, dad could've informed him, I mean, I've been living in England for 8 months already,"

"If you're just going to argue with everything I'm going to say, then I'd rather not get involved in another conversation with you, alright?" he said. He sounded annoyed.

I sighed.

"Fine!" I said. 

"Lately, you've been spending a lot of time with Sam, Hattie and Luigi-"

"I spend a lot of time with Sam because she's my age, but her siblings always join us," 

"You don't have to go with Samantha all the time, you know? Just like JL, Ralph and Simon."

"But they always leave me behind! They run around Dublin almost everyday-"

"Because they thought you'd rather be with Sam since both of you are, you know? Same age and both girls?"

I nodded.

"I think I see your point there," I said

"By the way, they're in Belfast right now!" he said.

"Annoying!" I said.

"Well, why not spend time with me then?" Callum asked.

I turned to him in shock.

"I mean, Toby's here with us, I walk him everyday-"

"He likes you, he's better off without me." I said, as I sat down on the outdoor bench.

Callum was still thinking about what he wants to say next. 

"Well-" he sat down beside me on the bench "If you want, it could just be about the two of us."

Is he asking me out?

"Like, a date?" I asked.

"Yeah," Callum smiled. I couldn't help but think how charming he looked every time he smiles.

"I don't know," I said, because I thought of Luke. 

"Ohh," he said "It's because of Luke." It's like Callum could read my mind. 

"I'm sorry," I said.

"That's alright," he said, and then he stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just, you know?" he stuttered "I'll just check in on Toby."

"I'll see you later then?" I said.

"I'll see you." he said. 

***

I miss life in England.

I miss life in America.

But above above all, I miss life in the Philippines. 

I spent the next few hours in the Dining Room, drinking coffee while browsing through photos on my laptop. Photos in Britain, photos in the States, photos in the Philippines, everything!

I wonder how Luke is doing in Paris, or how Helena is doing in Wales, or how all of my friends are doing right now in their holiday destinations. I don't think they even know I'm in Ireland right now. 

"Hi Joe!!!" Samantha came to the dining room with a stack of books.

"What are those?" I asked about the books.

"You're supposed to have Irish lessons with me tonight, because that's what your dad said," she explained

"Ohh," I said, as I closed the lid of my laptop.