Bonus #1

Greetings. I am about to bestow on you the wonder of my ways. I have decided to celebrate certain achievements by having bonus chapters.

Bonus chapters mean that I write a review for a book I finished (by someone else, or by myself). The purpose of these chapters are to make fun of some good stuff (and myself).

Do not worry, people on list. These reviews don't take up my time and make me late for your review, since I already read the whole thing (and that takes long, not writing the actual thing).

The grading on this chapters is irrelevant. Since I read the whole thing, I obviously give it a PAS PAS PAS!

So have fun with this.

Today's bonus:

Title: Not Another Summer Love Story

AuthorAutheras

Genre: Young/New Adult

No. of chapter read: 31

First Impression: Oh, wow, it's probably exactly another summer love story except it's not... Not another teen movie? Yeah, well, as long as Chris Evans appears naked with a banana in his butt, I'm game.

Cover: Some chick reading a book on the beach. She's probably reading another summer love story and thinking about how her life is not another summer love story.

Cover rating: Fits the genre. Like the fonts.

Blurb: Yeah, I can't make fun of this to save my life, because it's so to the point and blurb-like-sounding. Yes, it sounds like a fun read, and yes, I want to see what shenanigans Valerie will get herself into. She hates love, right? Well, that'll most likely blow up in her face.

Blurb rating: I want to read this.

Let's get it on!

Second impression: Well, I guess that's one way of throwing shade on a guy and make sure to splat him in the firendzone and keep him there.

Actual review (drum roll please):

Language: Is, apart for a few typos, flawless. Yes, I read this whole book. I wasn't about to do that if it was written in l33t. The story is set in Australia though, so you may actually find that color is spelled colour. It's not a typo, trust me.

Language rating: Very good, my dear.

Plot: Oh, the plot. It's so simple, yet so complicated.

Valerie is a cynic. Since her parents are divorced, she doesn't believe in love. Love will only hurt you. So go away gorgeous British guy, she's not dating you if you were the last British guy on Earth. You get stuck in the friendzone to cry your British eyes out. You, your sister and your whole posh family.

In order to shake off British guy (we'll call him... say, Alistair, for example - That's a pretty British name, right?), Valerie actually promises to try and date someone for real. Unfortunately, Alistair picks the only guy Valerie has some actual chemistry with (way to shove your foot up your own ass, Alistair).

Enter Logan, hot surfer dude who, apart for being an immature frat boy, is pretty much dreamy and swoon worthy. And Valerie can get behind that idea.

Shenanigans ensue, hearts are broken, oh, the feels, and then Val finally figures out that love is worth the sacrifice.

Que in unpredictable ending. Ah, the feels.

Plot rating: Ah, the feels!

Characters:

Valerie: is cynical and closed of because, oh, no, childhood trauma! She's relateable and easy to get behind, even if you don't agree with her. It's cute how she tries and yet doesn't try to come out of her shell.

In the end, after much not another summer drama, she finds a balance withing herself. Good for you, Valerie, good for you.

Alistair:  Is very British and unashamed by it. He's fun, wise and pretty dodgy at some point, but likable enough. He has trouble with his posh family, but who wouldn't?

Logan: Hot, funny, sporty, smart, unfortunately immature. I sailed your ship, Logan, yet you disappointed me. Oh, the feels! Good luck lawyering!

Maisie: Was probably my favorite character. So fun and dreamy and spunky and yet, so fragile. She has her own growing up to do and finally does it.

Other characters: There are a whole lot of characters in this book, and they're all well done, with their distinct personalities. The above are the most important.

Character rating: Wow, they act like real people

Why I stopped reading: Because the book was over. Really, I ran out of pages!

Grade: Pass, Pass, Pass! Such a fun read that gives you the feels!