7. Worry by Jack Garrat

"How are you feeling?" I hear Vic ask me. I don't see him, I'm too busy covering myself up with every blanket I own.

"Can't this place invest in some heating? At least in my room? I'm anemic, for crying out loud!" I mumbled loudly.

It's been like this all morning, I was beyond cold and nothing was helping. And on top of it, I'm starting to feel sick. The coldness is making me nauseous.

"You know what makes you warm up?" He said, his voice so soft.

"If it involves exercise, then no."

"Oh come on, you think I'd even want to exercise? Sit up, Kellin, make some room for me on your bed." He said, standing up and sitting next to me. He pulled out his phone and opened up YouTube. "What's your favorite song?"

"Hmm, I don't know. I haven't listened to any music in so long. Right now, it'd have to be Worry by Jack Garratt, probably." I said softly, thinking about it.

"I've never heard that song before, I bet it's good." He said while typing the song into the search engine. I just nodded. Soon, the soft music started to play and I smiled softly. "Close your eyes and just, try to feel the music, you know? Rock a little bit, just take all of it in."

I closed my eyes, holding my blanket tight around me. I feel like the heat from Vic's body is helping me feel warm since he's so close to me on this small bed.

I was listening to the music, trying to focus on the words, when I started to focus on something else, or someone else. I was thinking about the boy next to me. He was rocking slowly, his eyebrows kinda furrowed with concentration. I may have peeked a little.

He was so young to be here, he felt more as a friend then a nurse. He checked on me a lot but he also talked to me. He talked about random stuff, about him sometimes. He talked to me like a person, not like I was just part of his job.

I smiled a little bit and looked over to him, but he was looking at me already. We both liked away quickly, a soft laugh coming from him.

"I really like the song." He said, smiling wide at me. He kept looking in my eyes and I don't know what he was thinking. He looked content, he looked happy, but there was something else . I couldn't quite figure it out.

"I'm glad you liked it. It's just nice to listen to, kinda relaxing." I said, playing with my hands a little.

Then I realized, I had let go of my blanket.

I wasn't even cold.