» chapter 14 «

Hearing her ringtone, Evie pulled out her phone and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Evie Salvatore? This is Carol Lockwood."

"Oh, hi Mrs.Lockwood. What are you calling me for?" Evie asks, trying not to sound rude considering she was awoken by the call.

"I wanted to ask if you would like to be a replacement in case one of the contestants for Miss Mystic Falls is absent. Since you are a part of a founding family, you are perfect for it!"

Evie sighs, realizing that she had to find an outfit if she did have to take someone's place. "Yeah, sure I'll do it."

"Great! We have a thirty minute dance rehearsal today after school, so be sure to attend it," Carol ordered before hanging up on her.

Evie throws her phone beside her on the bed before getting up to get dressed for school.

Her outfit was simple today, since she was having to go to the dance rehearsal after school.

Black jeans, white shirt, and black sandals with her hair straightened and no makeup for the day.

Evie hurried to school and grabbed her needed books and binders before heading to Alaric's class. Evie entered as soon as the bell rang for students to start their way to class.

Alaric looked up when he heard Evie enter the room and he chuckled, "Bad morning?"

"Something like that."

Evie sat at her desk and pulled out her phone to text Damon in anger.

-

I hate Carol Lockwood

salvawhore
Why?

She asked me to be a
fill in for the Miss Mystic
Falls pageant and I agreed

salvawhore
lol loser

And you're my escort
We have practice after school
today for 30 mins. Be there

salvawhore
I hate you

xx

-

Evie put away her phone when the bell rang and students started filing into the classroom, going to their seats.

Once everyone had sat down, Alaric started class.

"Okay, this week we're gonna set outside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founders' Day. Apparently the community leaders feels it's more important than World War 2, but hey what do I know?"

Alaric is interrupted though when Bonnie walks through the door, all eyes falling onto her.

"Sorry I'm late," She tells Alaric.

"Well, it looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie."

Bonnie sits down and smiles at Elena but when she looks at Stefan, her smile fades.