Rejoining

Ka puta ki te whai ao. Ki te ao marama- Leave the world of darkness their death has put you in. Return back into the world of light.
¤Maori saying¤
~><'><'><'><'><'><'><~

I kneeled infront of Iruka Sensei who gave me a soft smile as I looked to the shaking boy in his arms.
Lifting my hand up, I tenderly lay it on his shoulder. His head snapped around to look at me with wide eyes.

"Kiyomi..." He whispered.
A sad smile played on my lips as I saw the crocodile tears falling down his cheeks.

I opened my arms just a little bit and he launched himself at me. I sat on my knees and held his crying figure. Rubbing his back softly.

I looked to the pictures that held those who had died for the Leaf. Old Mans picture was sitting above them all.

Old Man.

I hugged Konohamaru tighter just as the elders walked to the front.
"Asuma Sarutobi. Would you please be the first to place a Leaf Blossom." Lady Elder said as she bowed her head.

I watched Asuma Sensei walk forwards. His face was blank as he picked up flower and placed it on the side of his framed picture.
"Konohamaru Sarutobi. Kiyomi Kitan." Lady Elder said. Konohamaru buried his face in my chest as he held me tigher. Not wanting to let go.

I pulled back slightly and took his chin in my hand.
"Time to say goodbye." He was shaking his little head in disapproval.
"Don't worry Konohamaru. I'm right here." I took his hand in one of my own and walked beside him.

Grabbing a Leaf Blossom for Konohamaru and myself. We walked by all the other frames before the Thirds.

My eyes scanning each and every photo. Finding matches for those I knew.

Then we were standing before his picture.
"Old Man."
Konohamaru cried.
I stared at his picture. Memories relaying in my head.

^Memory^

"She hasn't spoken a word Lord Third. We have to go with torture." A shinobi whispered from behind the large metal door.

My eyes were blank as I stared towards the only light in the room.
A flickering flame of a candle in the far distance.

The prisons are all the same.
Always with people asking questions.
Using weapons to get any information from me.
Torture was a word I knew all too well.
I just didn't care. I can block off feelings anyway.

"No. Her not saying anything against the Akatsuki just proves how loyal a ninja she is. And I will not begin to harm children because they don't know any better. She is going to live in this Village where she will live like a normal child." There was that kind Old Man again.

Always talking like he actually thought I was a good person. Funny.

"But Lord Third." Another ninja interjected.
"Enough. I will not lower the standards of the Leaf to hurt a child. She will be set free. If she chooses to live here. So be it. If she chooses to leave. We will let her." I was shocked.

No Kage would ever dream of making such a proposal.
"Besides. Her brother was as loyal as they came. The Uzumaki clan still remains to hold strong ties with the Leaf."

Big Brother was apart of the Leaf?
The Uzumaki have strong ties here? Why?

"Now let her out." The large door was pulled open as the kind old Man walked in.
"Come Kiyomi. Let's take you home."

*Memory End*

That was the first time anyone of a village had said that to me.

Had allowed me live with them willingly, knowing full well I could slit their throat.