Manly Aprons

I parked my car and walked up to the porch. Before I could even stick my key in the slot, my brother opened the door and in the living room both my parents were waiting for me on the couch. My mother stood up.

"Harley, as you may know there is something we must talk about."

My father stood u beside her,

"I think it would be best if you sat down."

I sat down on the couch and started to bite my lip and play with the numerous rings on my finger.

"So, what is it? What could be so important that I have to be rushed home"

"Harley,"

my mother started,

"Me and your father have to go away for a while.....to take care of some business."

My dad sighed and pinched his nose,

"Elizabeth, she is old enough to know the truth, we can't keep sheltering her from these things because eventually she will get involved and I would prefer if she was ready if and when that day comes."

He turned to me and gave me a small smile.

"Listen, as you know you are next in line for the coven, therefore you are very powerful and valuable and whatnot. Due to this, many young men believe that you are their mates and the chances are very slim but they exist. Anyway a few uproars have started and vampires are quickly turning on one another. Your mother and I have to go and handle all of this trouble."

My mother walks over to sit next to me,

"While we are away we want you to be very careful, because you may be thrown into this by another coven. I do not want my only daughter to get kidnapped, so please whatever you do let your brother or someone know where you are and don't go alone."

I nodded my head and hugged my mom,

" Okay mom, I'll be careful."

She stood up with tears in her eyes and kissed m forehead,

"We'll see you soon love. And don't give your brother a hard time."

With that my mom and dad picked up their bags and gave me a quick hug before walking out the house and into their car.

I watched as they sped out the driveway and down the road, I stayed outside and watched as the headlight of their car got smaller and smaller until they were practically invisible. I went back inside and said goodnight to my brother before heading upstairs. I went to the bathroom and took a well needed shower while singing to the top of my lungs to Adele.

I climbed out the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and entered my room humming. I got changed in my closet and as I walked out I screamed when I realized there was a dark figure on my bed.

I quickly grabbed my old softball bat and turned on the light to find... Jake?

I was about to yell at him when my brother barged into the room with a fork in his hand and an apron.

I fell on the floor and started laughing. "A fork?! You were going to save me with a fork, you look ridiculous, what are you going to do with a fork????"

My laughter ended shortly when my brother started hitting me with a pillow.

"I'll have you know that forks can be very hand in combat. And this apron is manly. See? It says 'real men can cook'."

After embarrassing my brother he finally left and then there was just one question left, why the hell is Jake still here?
-----------------------------------------------------------

New update guise

Enjoy,
Lezai