Chapter 1.

**This has not been edited or revised. After reading this... kind of 'sneak peak' into the world I'm trying to create here, please comment, vote, or message me to let me know what you guys think. If you like it, I'll continue with it, and if not..well I'll figure that out later I guess. Enjoy!"

10,000 warriors marched into what they thought was going to be an easy defeat against a handful of skilled barbarians; thinking their numbers would make up for their lack of skill. Now, ten days later only 3000 warriors stand between their beloved King and Queen and thier enemy.

"10 days and 10 nights we've been marching and yet you still won't yield to them. They're savages Robert; we may be able to out smart them but the gods know we can't out fight them. Listen to me please..." The Queen begged her husband but he wouldn't listen.
"No! No, we are highborns. I will never surrender to the likes of them; my blood will be shed and I will die before I surrender to them. What would my men think of me if I went begging for mercy to a lowly ruler of a couple of mud towns and a handful of savages?! No. We push on-" his words were slurred as he finished his fifth cup of ale, throwing the mug to the ground once the last drop passed his lips.

"And what happens when these 'handful of savages' wipe out the rest of our reinforcements?! We've already lost our son, Robert, I can't lose our daughter too. If they break our front line-"
"We won't lose her Chesia." The King reassured his wife, shaking his head slowly "We won't lose her...I'm sending her with Zachariah at midnight. The barbarians will be asleep and the two of them will slip past unnoticed; and if by chance they do get caught, Isabella will be dressed as a servant and Zachariah as a barbarian warrior. The savages will let them go; thinking that she's already being taken somewhere for punishment."

The Queen sighed, knowing there was nothing she could do to change her husbands mind and looked to the sky to see the moon almost directly above them. Gasping at how late it had become without her realizing, she got up and starting walking to the front of the tent.
"How could you wait until now to tell me you're sending our daughter off, into enemy territory at that! I have to see that she's packed...try to prepare her-" the Queen rushed to the flap of the tent but before she could open it, the Kings rough hand stopped her.
"She's already gone. I sent Zachariah to her tent 2 hours ago to make sure they had everything planned and were dressed accordingly. She couldn't take anything with her, she's acting the part of a slave remember? You daft women, do you not listen to what I say?" he screamed throwing her to the ground then walking around her to pour himself more wine. "Now settle down, they should be passing through the barbarians camps about now." The drunken king settled himself onto his chair of animal hides and swirled around the red liquid in his mug before once again chugging it."

"I swear to the Gods if she is hurt in anyway I will thrust a sword through you myself. Do you hear me 'oh mightiful King Robert?!'" tears leaked from the queens eyes as she screamed at her husband. He knew she meant what she said and prayed to the Gods for the first time since he was a child that Isabella would make it safely to his sisters in Jenieva.