Chapter 10: Regret

She couldn't help wonder what he was doing at her front door. It was getting late and the cool winters breeze was entering her house making it uncomfortably cold. She wrapped her arms around her petite frame as her night wear didn't do much for the cold weather.

"David..." She froze noticing how guilty and scared he looked.
After a few moments of silence she finally invited him in, closing the heavy door that acted as a barrier from the cold outside she turned to see he was already staring at her, or rather her behind.

"Emma found out about us..." The prince blurted out cutting to the chance as he looked at the floor in dismay.
"Us ? What us? It was one kiss David get over it!" She shouted as she walked into the kitchen to poor them some drinks with ease squinting at the splash of pain in her chest every few steps.

"That's the thing I can't...." David admitted as he saw the mayor freeze at his words. She couldn't either.

After taking a rather large swing of her drink she changed the subject.
"It's fine I'll just take the blame..."
She turned to face him again her back against the counter he saw the redness of her eyes, she'd been crying. And clearly already had a few drinks before he got there.

"What?' He asked confused by her offer.
"Just say it was me, say I came onto you."
He took a step closer before adding;
"No Regina I won't let you take the blame for my mistake!"

"Quite frankly I don't think you've got much choice"
She stated coldly ignoring the fact he just called what happened between them a mistake.

Taking another step forward he placed both of his hands on her waist and looked her in the eyes. She was much smaller than him without her heels, it made him rethink how he could've ever wanted her dead, called her evil, and he questioned why he waited so long to do this. Shed made the first move before the curse broke, he'd completely oblivious to who she was yet he still turned her down. No wonder she walked with dented pride.

"There's always a choice Regina..."

She placed her hands over his before adding;

"Ye. But you keep making the wrong ones"

She pulled his hands away from her and let go before attempting to walk away but he was faster. Grabbing her wrist he pulled her into him and kissed her ferociously whilst his arms snaked around her back and she allowed his tongue access. They broke for air but he felt his arms tightly around her waist as she tried to decide whether this was a big mistake of a death wish.

"Maybe,"

He admitted looping a finger under her chin to make her look at him again.

"But your not one of them,"
His lips met her again as her arms wrapped around his neck giving her some height. Her lips were just as soft as they looked against his, apples flooded his nostrils again as he lifted her up and set her down on the counter. Both now of equal height.

They shouldn't be doing this and she knew it. Better yet she shouldn't be letting him do this. But as he was peppering kissing down her neck that feeling she'd had ever since she absorbed the spell seemed to dissolve into his kisses. She'd regret this once she'd sobered up she knew it, but they'd  have time to regret it later.

🌮

----------
She woke up with an aching pain in her stomach; sitting up she recalled the nights events and noticed there was a sleeping figure next to her. Yes she'd expected him to leave, to wake up alone in a cold bed, alone.

Rolling over he opens his eyes saw her confusion and pain.

"Your still here..." She stated but it could've been taken as a question.

"Of corse I'm still here,"

Smiling she leant down and kissed him passionately until she heard a rumbling sound. Laughing she broke the kiss and pocked his stomach "someone's hungry,"
Smiling gazed into her eye and saw no pain, no heartbreak, no sorrow, just happiness.

"Pancakes?" She offered climbing out of bed. he nodded and followed her down the stairs into the kitchen.

----------

A week.

He'd been living with her for a week.

Henry had refused to come and visit but it didn't break her heart as much knowing they'd still be someone there when she got home.

As far as the town was concerned David was still with Mary Margaret but was very ill and had stayed at home hence why no one had heard from him. He didn't know what Emma had told her mother but no news is good news right?
Ruby had visited a few times bringing the recent gossip with her.

But now she was making him pancakes which had become his favourite, other than lasagna, whilst he hugged her from behind kissing her hair every so often, suddenly there was a knock at the door.
"Come in!" He shouted resting his head on regions shoulder.

they had expected Ruby to walk through the door but when they saw his wife turn round the corner and into the kitchen things took a turn for the worst. She'd not believed the stories Emma had told her, nor the obvious signs but when she saw his shirt on the floor and his shoes by the door she put the pieces together.

"When Emma told me that- this, this was happening I told her that she must of have it wrong, that her father, my husband, would never scoop that low, that he wouldn't cheat on me, wouldn't leave me, Not for her," she scowled coldly at Regina as the woman held onto the dressing gown she'd recently put on feeling like she was being scolded by her mother when in fact; she was suppose to be the mother. Well- step mother. They'd stood in silence as they tried to come up with a reasonably excuse.

"Do you love her?" The mayor instantly looked up from her feet at the school teachers words. Neither answered. But she knew the answer, he was married and got bored of his delicate snow-flake and came to her. The onto person willing, the only person desperate enough to let him into her house. Into her bed.
"Do. you. love. her?" She asked more forcefully trying to keep her anger and tears at bay.

"Don't ignore me! I asked you a simple question are you in love?!" She screeched making the ex queen Jump her her voice breaking more with every word. Sick of the silence Regina decided to answer for him not knowing he was planning on answering this time.
"No." She stated at the exact same time he admitted;
"Yes..."
Both woman's eyes flickered towards him as reginas breath hitched in her throat.

Suddenly Mary Margaret's eyes lifted from her husbands and she glared at Regina. A mixture of sympathy and hate in her eyes.

Her heart rate increased and before she knew it Regina mills was collapsing in the arms of Prince Charming.

The spell finally took its toll.
Okay only 1-2 more chapters of this story left them I've finished it 😅 don't worry I'm currently writing another evilcharming fanfic set season 3 😂😅💕
-Millie xx