Chapter 3: Messy promises

They'd finished eating and David had taken their empty plates into the kitchen. And put them in the washing up bowl when Regina walked over to him as Henry went back into the living room to finish the film.

"What the hell have you been drinking!" She whispered anger in her tone. He just laughed and turned to face her. Wiping his hands on a towel he sighed heavily, "Regina I-" she cut him off mis sentence clearly not wanting to go down the road this conversation was going. Usually it was her who did the flirting.

" no," she raised her hand to his face silencing him. "do you know what I think it is?" He now saw the anger in her eyes, the anger of the women he thought she no longer was. "I think your missing your wife and your lonely."
"Regina I was only messing!" He defended catching Henry's attention as he took a step closer to the mayor. With every step forward he too she took a step back. "Your married, you can't mess." Her back hit the counter and he didn't stop walking closer.

"Regina I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking, it won't happen again I promise."
He was serious, about being sorry at least. She saw the regret and conflict in his eyes.
I Don't need another charming to argue with.

"No I'm sorry..." She shook her head and looked at the floor. "Sorry? What for?" The prince questioned trying to work out what she was feeling but since she refused to look into his eyes that wasn't going to be easy.
"I- it just.... This isnt right, me being here. I should've never come, it's my fault Snow and Emma are trapped back home I should be finding a way for them to come back not here, cooking for you."

He took both of her hands causing her to finally look into his eyes. "This is exactly where you should be. Nothing's worse than being alone. Mary Margaret and Emma have each other and they'll stay safe I know it, we can look for them tomorrow but now..." He voice trailed of into the air as he saw the pain in her eyes. He leaned in closer and she watched him but didn't seem to react to what he was doing. His right hand found its way onto her hip and she didn't even flinch. Her breathing slowed and his other hand moved stray strands of hair out of her face. So much for not happening again.

"Mum! Gramps! What's taking you so long it's getting to the good part!" Henry interrupted as he turned up the volume on the TV.
They both looked in the direction of the child at the same time.
"Coming..." Regina breathed walking away from the prince, out of his grasp, without even giving him another glance. Now he knew how much it Hurt her when Henry did the same thing to her hours ago. That feeling when someone you care about leaves you without a second glance. But he didn't care about Regina, not in that way... Right?

They sat on the sofa far too close for Regina's liking. "One film. One film and I really must be going..." She declared as David walked in with a bag of pop corn in one hand.

---------

By the time the second film had finished Henry had taken himself upstairs due to the fact both David and Regina had fallen asleep, he laid on the sofa with Regina asleep on him, her head in the crook of his neck, his arms around her waist. Henry didn't think anything of it but then again he didn't really notice as he was busy wiping the sleep out of his eyes whilst the film credits went on.

It was getting cold and Regina was shivering, snuggling closer to David in the process. His eyes fluttered open to find the queen tightening her grip on his upper arms as she slept.
The blanket to cover her up wasn't in reach so instead he lifted her up, one arm under the knees the other around her upper back. Her head was snuggled into his chest and her arms tucked into her chest.

Moving to the bed he laid her down and considered sleeping on the couch. He Was married. But it was only sharing a bed. It wasn't like anything were to happen...

He finally decided and pulled back the covers laying down next to her. As he fumbled around getting comfy the brunette rolled over and shifted closer to him. Faces only millimetres apart, he admired her every feature from her long mascara-less eye lashes to her scarred lip. He noticed the alarm clock behind her; 3:42 really?

Sighing and settling down in bed his thoughts drifted to his wife. Is she ok? Is she alive? Of corse she's alive; he would've sensed if something was wrong like he'd done when the sleeping woman he was sharing a bed with put her under a sleeping curse. But things where different now. He felt different. About her about Regina; everything.

That's when he realised that when he went round to reginas before the curse broke, the story she told him, of how she saved him when he was in the coma. Yes she was the reason he was in the coma in the first place but she didn't have to call the ambulance, she could've left him there to die. But she didn't. That had to mean something right?

------------

He woke to Henry's footsteps running down the stairs and into the bathroom. That's when he realised that Regina's head was on his chest and his arm was around her shoulder and his other her back as she laid sideways. Her leg was bent atop onto of his whilst their spare leg was mingled together. He could feel the slow but steady rise of her chest against his. Each perfect and even breath she took. She was a heavy breather.

Her thick black lashes fluttered open as Henry slammed the bathroom door shut. Looking around she noticed the position she was in and turned red. "I I'm sorry..." Her voice melted into the air as she removed her legs from him and took her arms and head off his chest. Avoiding eye contact at every cost. How did we even end up in bed! I wasn't even drinking!

"No it's fine, I like having someone to snuggle up to in the night." His remark didn't help the redness of her cheeks as she sat on the end of the bed thinking of what she could possibly say the change the conversation topic. She agreed with him tho, the snuggling part. Graham hasn't been a hug type and well... There hadn't really been anyone else that had still been their when she awoke.

"Can we get breakfast as granny's?" Henry asked walking up to the pair sipping orange juice. He didn't really seem to take in the fact they'd slept in the same bed. And that he'd nearly kissed her the previous day. But she was happy so he didn't mind.

"Ye... Sure," Regina agreed hoping it would get her out of this, what should be, uncomfortable situation. But that was the thing; it wasn't weird or strange or awkward, it was... Nice. It felt...right. 

This is another one of those 2am sleepover rushed updates 😁 I've finally got the storyline sorted for this one and I'll probably post the next chapter for when the game changes or the Lonely tomorrow night. 💕
-Millie xx