~7~

I called over to Tikki, who was laying in her bed, sleeping. "We need to go on our patrol now." I said took off the dress and placed it back on the mannequin. Tikki yawned tiredly and stretched. "Ok, let's go!" She squeaked. A bright pink flashed in her room and out came myself with my red and black spotted suit. I threw my yoyo down the street and flew through the air, swinging swiftly from it. The sky was a bit overcast, but for now it held off. Weaving throughout my neighborhood, I noticed nothing out of the ordinary. By now, Chat must have already finished his part of town. I neared a building so I tugged on my yoyo, and it retracted back into my hand. Gracefully, I placed my feet and landed on the roof with a thud. Dark rain clouds rolled in and a steady rainfall started. What nasty weather! Quickly, I searched for an overhang somewhere, and below me was a ledge that extended out about three feet. I guess it's better than nothing. My yoyo probably wasn't the safest option right now, so I climbed down a nearby ladder. I shuddered and clenched myself tightly to conserve body heat. My hair, now a few shades darker, was plastered to my forehead. A raindrop dripped from my nose and I sniffled. A tall black figure landed beside me, wet and cold as well. Chat's leather suit had water droplets scattered randomly across it. "You don't look to hot." I said through chattering teeth. He crossed his arms defiantly, then moved his arm out to the side and flicked his wrist. "However, M'Lady, I am a cool cat." I sighed, looking away. "Indeed. What are we going to do about this," I nodded my head towards the rain, "problem?" He looked thoughtfully at the rain and shifted his gaze back to me. "You can't use your yoyo because of the danger." He stated with a hint of concern in his voice. "Correct." I nodded. "Hm, and I don't think I'd be able to see very well in this anyways, even if I used my staff." He added. "I guess we'll have to wait it out for now." I said, shivering from the wet. "Bugaboo, you look clawfully chilly." Chat flashed a smile at his joke, but I rolled my eyes and turned away. "Let me fix that." My eyes widened as Chat hugged me. His warm body against mine was helping the fact that I was cold. I hesitantly put my arms on his back and he rubbed his hand across my back. "Chat?" I mumbled from my position. "Yes, M'Lady?" His chest moved as he spoke. "Thank you." A shade of light pink dusted his face as his lips curled into a smile.

     The rain had slowed to a sprinkle and the sky started to clear. Chat and I had sat down, leaning our backs against the building. We talked throughout the evening to pass the time since there was nothing else to do. He stood up and held out his hand. I took it gently, and he pulled me up off the ground. "Well, it was nice chatting with you." I put one of my hands on my hips and smiled. A surprised look flashed over Chats face, but a smirk quickly replaced it. "You, M'Lady, just made a pun." He crossed his arms in front of his chest and kept the smirk on his face. I rolled my eyes at myself and giggled. "I suppose I did." With the help of the moon's light, I grabbed my yoyo and bobbed it up and down a few times. "I need to get back home. Thanks for accompanying me during this rain storm." He leaned forward and placed his right hand on his chest. "It was my pleasure. I'm glad I could spend more time with my love." Through the shadows, a soft smile spread on his lips and his bright green eyes looked down at me. I blushed slightly, but turned around towards home. "Bye Chat." I said as I took a few steps away from the black cat. "Sweet dreams, Ladybug." I smiled and twisted back to see the tall blonde one last time. Flicking my wrist, I threw the yoyo ahead of me, and lifted off into the air. Everything was going fine and I wasn't too far from home. However, I swung out my yoyo again only to find it latched onto a rusted piece of metal belonging to a building. The metal and yoyo quickly became free and I was falling straight for the ground. I cushioned my fall a little by holding on to close structures, but still landed with a thump. My right foot twisted weirdly, and I knew it wasn't ok. While wincing in pain, I swung back to my room and climbed through the window.  "Tikki, spots off!" I reverted back into Marinette and limped over to the bathroom. "Are you alright, Marinette?" I dug through one of the drawers, helplessly trying to find something to wrap my ankle with. "I-I don't know Tikki." I said shakily. After searching, I came upon a brace and some gauze. I hobbled back into my room and sat awkwardly on my bed. Slowly, I tried to elevate my leg a little bit so I'd be able to wrap it up. I inhaled sharply as I took my shoe off my now swollen ankle. Steadily, I slipped the brace over my foot and pulled it so it'd be snug around my ankle. I took the gauze and cut a piece off the roll. Starting at the bottom of my foot below my ankle, I wrapped the material around my foot and just above where the brace ended. This is very noticeable. A groan escapes my mouth as I thought about excuses. Well, it was raining today, so technically anyone could slip and fall. But fall and get hurt this bad? I can't tell them I fell because I was swinging from a yoyo on a building. "Ugh!" I threw my hands up in the air. "Tikki, what do I tell people when they ask about my foot tomorrow?" She looked at me thoughtfully for a moment, then my leg, and back to me. "Well," she started with an uncertain tone, "Um, you could just say you fell." She laid on my thigh and sighed. "I'm sorry you got hurt Marinette.." I looked down at her and smiled softly. "It's ok Tikki. At least I'm all bandaged up." Tikki giggled. "You've got that right!" I picked her up and set her on my bed as I shifted to get some dry, clean pajamas to change in to. After I had changed and dried my hair slightly, I crawled into bed carefully, acknowledging my newly acquired injury, and drifted off to sleep.

Sorry, I know this is sort of a cliff hanger, but oh well.. IM SORRY FOR NO UPDATE :( I'll try to update daily again!! Anyways thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed <3 ;)