~ 1 ~

( This takes place before any identity reveals )

Marinette's POV

     All day had been miserable. As soon as I woke up, I knew today was going to be bad. Getting out of bed I groaned, got dressed for school, tied my hair into its usual pig tails, and packed up my bag. These next few days aren't going to be enjoyable ( if you know what I mean). Looking over at the clock, I grabbed a quick pastry from our bakery and ran to class. Ouch. "Hey Marinette!" Alya greeted me as I came to a stop, panting from my run. "Hi." I said unenthusiastically. "What's wrong?" She asked, concern in her voice. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow, giving her a look. "Ohhh. Right." She gave me a weak smiled and hugged me. "You will make it through girl!" She made a warrior pose and put on a determined face. "Don't worry, I'll be here the whole time for support!" I giggled at her crazy personality. Class was about to start so we turned and walked towards the school doors.

     "Today, class, we will be taking notes." I sighed and laid my head on my desk, not wanting to be a part of this at all. Why can't I just go home, curl up in a ball, and sleep? Our teacher started explaining and gave us the information to write down. I really don't feel like taking any notes, I silently sob. "Marinette, you're getting all of this information, correct?" I looked up, slightly blushing from embarrassment of being called out. "What? Oh, yes Miss." I look back down at my black paper and quickly pretend to write. She gave me a raised eyebrow and continued on teaching the class. Finally. The bell rang and everyone started to leave the classroom. "Hey, are you guys doing anything for lunch?" Alya asked the boys in front of us. I started to gather my things together as they continued their conversation. "I have nothing planned." Nino stated, shrugging at the brunette. "I was going to go home and eat, but I'm free if you were wanting to eat somewhere." Adrien responded while sorting supplies in his bag. "What about you, Marinette?" Hearing my name, I blushed and glanced over at the group, pushing in my chair. "Oh I don't have anything planned either." My voice trailed off into almost a whisper. Ugh Adrien probably thinks I'm a dork. "Dang it." I muttered. "Well, we could go to Marinette's bakery to eat." Alya suggested and turned to me. Great. "Oh, y-yeah! I-I, um," Uneasily, I looked over at Alya. Taking a deep breath, I started over. "Yeah, you g-guys could, uh, come over to, um, m-my place, if y-you'd like too!" I finished and planted a hesitant smile on my face. "Sure, that'd be great." Adrien grinned at Alya then me. "Sounds like a plan." Nino said contently. I quickly flashed Alya a 'help me' look and she nodded. "Hey, uh we'll meet you guys in a sec." Alya said, waving to Nino and Adrien. "Ok." Once they were out of sight, I panicked. "Alya! What am I going to do? I can't do this. I already know I'm going to say something stupid. And they're coming ove-" Alya cut me off, "Woah, hold on there girl!" She put her hands on my shoulders. "You are stressing way too much! You'll be fine." Alya spun me towards the classroom doorway and gave me small shove. "Come on, they're going to be waiting for us!" We walked out of the now empty room and ran over to the waiting boys. "Sorry, lets go!" Alya pointed the way towards my house. Oh boy..

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy this little story I've written. I'll try to update this about every day, so the next part is coming out tomorrow!