"Where is Gabrielle?" Isabelle asked.

 "She had a meeting with her publicist; she should be home by the time we get there." Nick hoped that would run late that way he had some time to prepare himself for the drama that he was sure to ensue.

 When Nick arrived home Gaby's car wasn't parked outside and let out a sigh or relief as he helped the women into the house.

 "Can I get you anything Auntie Ice?" Nick asked as he handed his mother a cup of tea.

 "No thank you Nick, but I would like to talk to you."

 "You two go ahead and talk I'm going to go call your father," Paige said as she got up and Nick took her place as she walked out of the living room.

 "You do know that once Gabrielle finds out, I'm here she is going to have a fit."

 "I know," Nick said with a sigh.

 "I shouldn't have said what I did at the restaurant; I was just upset. I expected more from you two. James is handling the news better than I am, and that's saying something about my behavior."

 "So he doesn't want to kill me then?" Nick asked hopefully.

 "Oh no he still wants to kill you, he just dreams about it now I guess," Isabelle said with a shrug.

 And that was supposed to make me feel better? Nick thought as he rubbed the center of his forehead.

"I understand that you two are adults, but Gaby has been through a lot, and if I do the math I can guess when the baby was conceived. I just thought you two would be more responsible."

"It wasnt something we planned it just happened. I wish it didn't happen the way that it did but..." Nick trailed off as he became lost for words

 "It doesn't make sense to be upset over something I have no control over," Isabelle said more like she was talking to herself rather than Nick.

 Nick and Isabelle sat in silence for a few minutes until the front door flew open letting in a gust of cold wind and Gaby called for Nick. Nick rushed to the door to help Gaby with her shopping bags.

 "You said you were going to meet with your publicist; you didn't say anything about a shopping spree."

 "Well, I leave for my book tour in two weeks, do you know how big I'm going to be by then? I'm already a house."

 "Stop exaggerating Gaby," Nick said as he took the bags from her and placed them next to the stairs. Nick watched Gaby shrug off her coat and shook his head at her.

 "What?"

 "Nothing, I'm just wondering what I'm going to do with your spoiled behind."

 "Love me in a special way, what more can I say." Gaby sang as she hugged Nick. Nick brushed back Gaby's freshly cut bang before placing a kiss on her forehead and said: "Your mother is here, don't kill me." He said as she tightened his grip on her so she couldn't hit him.

 "Why ...you bring ...here?" Gaby mumbled into Nick's chest.

 "Because you need to talk to her and stop this hunger strike you have going on." He whispered.

 "I'm....not....strike." she ranted into Nick's shirt as Nick dragged her into the kitchen. Nick finally let go of her and Gaby was able to come up for air.

 "So you try to strangle me instead of taking your hits like a man." Gaby huffed as she punched Nick in the shoulder.

 "Cut it out Gaby, auntie flew all this way to make things right, just go talk to her," Nick said as he rubbed his shoulder.

 "I so don't like you right now, and I was going to make dinner tonight, but you can forget that, and you ain't getting any either tonight."

 "Yeah, I kind of figured that would happen after I made the call to your mother to get her up here." Gaby looked at Nick through squinted eyes, and he could tell that Gaby wanted to attack him.

 Nick closed the gap between them and lifted Gaby's head with his index finger so she could look at him.

 "Do you really want our child to be born into a world where you're estranged from your parents?"

 "It'll just be my mother, that won't be too bad." She said as she refused to let Nick sucker her into giving in with his dreamy green eyes.

 "I thought we agreed we weren't going to mess our baby up?" Nick mumbled as he kissed Gaby's cheek and wrapped his arms around her pulling her closer to him. He could feel her baby bump pressed against his stomach; it felt weird but so right.

 "We did but..." Nick cut her off with a kiss, Gaby knew she was losing the battle, but she wasn't going to go down without a fight. Gaby pulled away from him before he could deepen the kiss and said "You can't make me-"Gaby was cut off by the finger Nick placed against her lips.

 "Go talk to your mother," Nick said turning Gaby towards the exit and he popped her butt as she walked out of the kitchen and walked into the living room. Nick chuckled as he shook his head as he went to find his mother and take her out for a while.

 Gaby walked into the living room and sat across from her mother who was reading a book.

 "I think this one was your best one," Isabelle said holding up the third book to her Espionage series. "Although I can't be too sure I haven't received my signed copy of the latest one." Isabelle sat the book back down on the coffee table and looked up at her daughter as she tried to keep her tears back. Gaby saw her mother's misty eyes, and she rushed over to her and hugged her.

 "I'm sorry sweetie; you're not spoiled rotten and self-absorbed. I was just upset." She sobbed.

 "But you are right I am spoiled and self-absorbed, but I'm going to work on it," Gaby said as she looked at her mother with tears streaming down her face.

 "I can't do this without you mommy; I'm scared."

 "Aww sweetie," Isabelle stroked Gaby's hair as she hugged her.

 Nick watched the whole scene in complete disbelief, just a few moments ago he had to force Gaby to talk to her mother, and now she was sitting in her mother's lap crying on her shoulder.

 "Don't even try to figure it out son, it's a woman thing," Paige said as she pulled him out of the door.