Chapter Fourteen

"Wheres Scott?" Was the first thing that left Leah's mouth, she cringed as they looked at her, some eyebrows raising.

Ugh, why did she have to say that?

"Er, he thought it might be awkward, so he didn't come" Scott's human best friend told her.

Carlisle blinked and said "You trust us enough to be alone with us? That's-"

"No, what I trust is Scott and my pack being able to kick all of your asses if you hurt me" Stiles shrugged, giving them a smirk, then beckening them in to the crime scene, his father letting them through.

Perks from being the son of the Sheriff Jacob thought, raising his eyebrows at the cops listening to Stiles and letting them through.

"Do vampires just drain people of blood? Nothing else?" Stiles asked slowly as they made their way into the school and crime scene.

"No, why?" Carlisle asked, curiously.

"It might not be just a random vampire attack then" Stiles muttered.

Their eyes widened as they came towards the room and stepped in.

Carlisle witheld a gasp "What is this?"

"I don't understand" Leah muttered.

Jacob just looked confused.

"So you don't know anything about this?" Stiles asked, looking disapointed.

"What are you implying" Leah snapped.

"Oh, no, no, I just thought it might be a vampire or shifter thing that you know about? I was hoping you knew what these drawings meant. It means something. Or the teacher was crazy" Stiles said, stepping back, putting his hands in surrender.

"Unfortunatly me being old and being a vampire doesn't give me all the information in vampire knowlage" Carlisle said, also looking disapointed.

They stared at the room, maps where everywhere, red hurried circles in all of them and hundreds of paper around the room with the same symbol on them. 

The symbol was a spiral but with very jagged edges, most of them hurried drawings. As if the teacher had become crazy before they got killed.

They looked around taking in all the drawings. Pieces of paper and fabric dotted about with the symbol sown on the fabric. On the paper black pen. The symbol was at first neatly drawn out and measured to exact lengths, looking at the straight lines but then as they looked at more and more paper the symbol looked more and more desperately drawn and more and more like scribble.

Leah could just imagine the teacher becoming more and more scared as they wrote it down, she said "They looked scared"

Jacob muttered "Crazy more like, no one argued with him"

"I have never seen anything like this" Carlisle murmured.

Leah knelt down, looking at the mess on the floor her eyes widening "Hey!"

They looked at where she was looking but didn't see anything.

"What is it?" Jacob asked.

"Step back" Leah told them, they all walked out, looking down where she was looking then they all saw it. They hadn't seen it before. The symbol...was a map.

The same symbol was on the ground but names of places were tied to the sign, how to get to them.

Stiles took out his phone and took a pitcher his eyes wide.

"This...is defiantly interesting" Carlisle murmured.

"You sure you know nothing?" Stiles asked.

"If vampires were involved with killing them then it might be something a different kind of vampire would know. Not my type but someone who has indulged in humans for a long time and the more military aspects before he came to us and we helped him"

"Who?" Jacob asked, warily.

"Jasper" Carlisle said grimly, making sure to take a one of the papers with the symbol before they left.