Chapter Seven

Jacob frowned, looking around, where was most of his pack? The vampires were here but only Seth and Quil was with him. But he tuned into the conversation of the vampires and was not surprised at what they were talking about. 

A certain group of students stood out for them and may be giving them problems in the future, who were they? What were they? 

"And this other guy came out of no where and practically dragged the twins of but I swear I heard one growl, he shouldn't have been able to knock me over that hard" Bella was saying.

"I can't look into their minds either, theres like a sound of static in my mind, whether I try" Edward added, glancing over at the group, who he swore might have been glaring at them.

Jacob blinked, shocked, the only person who had been immune to Edwards mind power he knew had been Bella, now these students were all immune, how did that make sense? 

One thing was sure they defiantly weren't human. 

"Maybe they're hybrids?" Renesmee asked almost hopefully. 

Jacob smiled sadly at the hope in her voice, ever since she had learned what she was Renesmee had been wishing for another friend who was a hybrid like her. Sure she loved him but she often told him how having another hybrid around would make her feel more understood, he did understand her but Jacob bet a hybrid like Renesmee could understand her better. 

"I don't think so" Jasper said grimly. 

Renesmee sighed, looking down, feeling disappointed. 

"I'm sure you'll find a hybrid eventually. You aren't the only one. We'll find one at some point I'm sure" Jacob assured her. 

She smiled brightly at that. 

Jacob beamed, her smile giving him a warm happy feeling inside... 

Mmmmm...

When had he become this soft...?

"Hey Jacob" 

He sighed with relief and demanded "Wheres everybody else?"

Embry huffed "Leah and Sams pack have to stay in over lunch, for fighting"

Jacob groaned, putting his head in his hands "Again?" 

"Yeah" Embry grumbled. 

He was seriously going to have some words with Leah after school, they were civil but Leah just seemed to pick a argument with the other shifters so easily and one snide comment her way set her of. 

Jacob had hoped finding someone to imprint on would calm her down her fiery temper, he'd introduced her to a number different shifters and humans, all different ages but no such luck and Leah had gotten tired of him trying to be match maker. 

Leah had threatened to rip his head of if he didn't stop. 

So he stopped because despite him being the alpha...she kind of scared him a little bit... 

Suddenly Emmett tensed up. 

"What is it?" Rosalie asked. 

"They want to meet up with us" Emmet said, eyes widening. 

Bella growled "I told you not to listen into their conversations, its rude!" 

"It doesn't matter. I heard em, the last part anyway. They're going to talk to us after school, the weird students" He frowned then smiled "I hope theirs some action" 

Bella was about to hit him over the shoulder but Rosalie beat her to it "Don't jinx it!"

"What? They don't stand a chance whatever they are" Emmet snorted confidently. 

Jasper sighed, shaking his head "Sometimes I wonder why I'm still talking to you" 

Emmet winked at him "You love me really" 

"His mine, back of" Alice giggled. 

"Fine, if this meeting goes terribly wrong we all will be blaming it on you" Jacob told him, interrupting him pretending to suck up to Jasper. 

Emmet rolled his eyes "What could possibly go wrong?" 

"Oh.my.god" Alice groaned. 

"What?" Emmet asked, completely clueless. 

"I really do worry about you sometimes" Rosalie said dryly.

Jacob faced palmed...

Somehow he knew this was not be going to end well.