"Okay listen, buddy," Lauren jumped in angrily.

    "What?" he asked rudely.

    "Lauren," I scolded and she backed off. "Listen, Austin. To be honest and sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I'm not interested in you."

    "Why? I'm good looking, talented, and charming. What more could you want in a guy?"

    "Well, that's kind of the problem. I'm not interested in any guy actually. I'm dating Lauren," I explained awkwardly and turning towards my girlfriend.

    "Wait what? You two are lesbians?" he questioned surprised and we nodded. "But you guys are so hot."

    Lauren and I rolled our eyes at the dumb comment. "Yep. We're lesbians and she's my girlfriend, Mahone, so why don't you lay off," Lauren commanded putting an arm around my shoulder. She looks so hot when she's protective.

    "That's gross," he rebuked.

    "Excuse me?" Lauren defended with angry eyebrows but I held her back again.

    "I don't think I wanna go over to your house anymore. And I'm gonna tell my family not to either. We don't accept people like you or people who support it," he admonished.

    "Wait, no! You have to!" I quickly pleaded.

    "Why?"

    "Because my parents don't know I'm...ya know...gay. And they'll find out if you guys don't come to dinner."

    "They don't know? That's even better. I'll tell them for you," he grinned maliciously.

    "What?! No no no no no! You can't! They don't accept it either! Why would you do that!?" I yelled scared for my life. What is wrong with him? I knew this would be bad. I should've just kept my mouth shut.

    "Don't you dare," Lauren warned.

    "Because they're your parents and they should know first of all of your sinful ways and second because you shouldn't be someone like that, period."

    "What do you mean 'someone like that?'" Lauren questioned.

    "Gay. It's abnormal don't you understand?"

    "Actually it really isn't. Many people are born gay and it's not something that you can just choose to be. Just like how you were born straight. It's not a disease you get, I didn't just wake up and catch the gayness. Just because Lauren and I are different from you doesn't make us bad or sick people. We're human beings who deserve respect just like any other person. In fact, we're actually a lot more loving than homophobes like you," I stood up for my girlfriend and I. Damn, that felt good.

    "Well I'm a firm Christian and Jesus doesn't like it. You're both going to hell for this where you belong with all the other homos."

    "Jesus said to love everyone and to not discriminate people for who they are. You know, Mother Theresa actually called homosexuals, 'friends of Jesus?' Real Christians don't hate 'people like us.' They're supposed to love and respect just like how my Christian parents love and respect me no matter who I like. Why don't you practice what you preach and learn how to treat people as they deserve to be treated, hypocrite," Lauren argued defensively.

    "Still no matter what you say, at the end of the day, the bible says it's not right. Gay marriage, gay sex, it's all sinful and demonic. I'm firm in my beliefs."

    "And we're firm in ours. It's who we are and we're not gonna change. We can't change. We're lesbians for life," she argued back.

    "Whatever I'm still not going this weekend and telling my parents. I don't have to tell your mom cause they will already."