She gave me a perplexed look, which soon turned into a horrified pale expression.

Oh no, she didn't.

"Well, you know-" she continued, pathetically, might I add, "The thing is that... I might've forgotten the dress at Liana's and I might've forgotten to pick it up?" She gave me a hopeful, nervous smile with innocent eyes.

Oh, that's real cute sweetheart.

I shut my eyes for a brief moment and spoke in a deadly calm voice. "Okay listen up, this is what you're going to do- you are going over to that girl's house, you're going to pick my dress up, wash it and then return it. Safely. Do you understand?"

My idiotic sister gave me blank look and said, "I can't Bella."

I scrunched my eyebrows and prepared to shout a string of cuss words- "He's with her."

I stopped and stared at her, trying to wrap my head around what she just said. No, no, this can't be happening right now, not when Jasmine had finally let go of her past. I tried reading her expression, and I was glad to find no traces of apprehension or remorse in it. I've known Liana for a while now, and never did I assume or think she'll end up with a guy like him.

"And y-you're okay with that?"

She shrugged and went to sit on her comfortable single bed. "I don't know... I'm glad that she's happy, but she doesn't know my past you know? I mean no one in my sophomore year does. And I intend to keep it that way."

I sighed and rubbed my eyelids. "He's a jerk. And what is he doing in town anyway? Didn't he leave?"

"He came back last week."

"You still have... feelings?" I asked cautiously.

"For him? God, no! I'm glad we're over. Plus I think I might be slightly attracted to Adam," she trailed off.

Omg! I knew it, I knew that she had something for him. Finally!

I guess she saw my expression and continued, "Before you get all sorts of ideas, don't. I don't know if I'm ready to be in a relationship after... And I don't even know if he's into me."

"Are you crazy? He's been in love with you since forever. You're the blind one here." I squealed.

"What?"

Looking at her confused expression I decided not to indulge in any more details, they'll figure it out soon.
I shook my head. "Never mind, I need my dress anyhow so I'm going to go to Liana's and pick it up. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah, it doesn't matter. Just don't freak out if some hot guy opens the door," she said, blushing profusely.

"Did you say hot guy?" I gave her a smirk. I never knew Liana had hot guys over, It won't harm anyone if I bring in more cookies at her place.

Jasmine just quirked her eyebrow and continued, "He's her cousin or something, I guess he goes to school with you. His parents aren't in town so he's staying with the Baker's for a couple of days. He's attractive, if that's any incentive."

"That's a pretty hefty incentive," I piped in.

She just smiled and shook her head. "I'm sorry about the dress, also don't mention anything to anyone yet."

I nodded my head and left from there wordlessly. There's no need to tell her that I forgive her, I'm going to use this as leverage for her to buy me candies. A classic sibling move, if you ask me.