Chapter 3

Harry:

I watched Kiara shake and bury her face in her hands as she started crying, the pain she was feeling made my heart ache, and my inside churn in discomfort.

I could hear her heartbeat increase and I wanted to hold her in my arms but I didn't know how she's react.

"Kiara just listen" King Alexander said softly but Kiara thought otherwise.

She removed her hands from her face and wiped her tears and I all I saw in her beautiful eyes was anger.

She crouched down to her leg exposing her thigh and taking out a hand knife, which she had strapped around her right thigh, and lunged at me putting the knife on my neck making me freeze in complete shock.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slit your throat here and now!" She roared angrily.

I smiled at her and vampire sped and stood behind her.

But she swung the knife at me and nearly buried it my head, damn this girl was fast.

I could feel the lads' presence behind me and I knew for fact that they were ready to attack her.

I put my hand as a stopping gesture for them not to attack or hurt her and Kiara seemed to notice because she frowned.

Kiara stopped her movement and looked at me with weary, confused eyes.

"Can you listen to me at least? Then decide if you want to rip my head off" I asked hoping she'd listen.

She re-exposed her thigh and strapped her knife back there before looking at me.

"I'm a vampire king in the vampire world" I said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me?" She said confused but I just ignored her and went on.

"About a year before Marcel was born vampires and humans lived in one place sharing the same perimeter, but trouble happened and vampires were killing the humans and vise versa, so one day your father and I agreed that the vampires move to another world in conditions that I married his first daughter. Years passed and you were finally born and I was very happy that you finally came to life" I smiled at the memory.

"Anyway I watched you grow made sure that you were always safe and happy..." I said and Kiara raised an eyebrow "like remember the time your dog died and you were very sad and sat crying in the castle garden?" I asked and Kiara nodded "how do you think that puppy magically appeared by your side?" I asked and Kiara's eyes widened in realization.

"Or the time you almost got caught using your sword a few years back, how'd your parents not notice you outside in the garden?" I asked and Kiara shook her head.

"YOU DID WHAT?" King Alexander and Queen Monique yelled at the same time.

"Busted" Kiara mumbled and I could hear her because of my vampire hearing.

"Anyway..." I tried to change the subject "I waited until you would've come to the proper age and I believe that now is the right time for me to take you with me" I said and Kiara studied my expression seriously.

She turned to face her parents and brothers "Kiara I'm sorry we..." She stopped King Alexander by slowly raising her hand.

"I'm gonna go with him. But, don't expect me back here anytime soon" she said shocking all of us.

"W-what?" Queen Monique walked closer to her but Kiara took a step back.

"Don't" she warned and the queen broke into tears.

"You wanted me to go, before you even got pregnant with me, so why care now?" Kiara asked and Queen Monique looked at her broken.

"She's right Monique" King Alexander spoke shocking all of us.