Chapter 7

Lucy wanders Diagon Alley checking out the storefront windows and trying to calm her temper. She kicks at a snow drift as she passes it and grimaces as fresh snow begins to fall around her. Her gaze lands on the sign for her old dance studio, something she'd sadly never returned to after her kidnapping. She feels her keyring in her jacket pocket and pulls it out. She flips past the keys for the apartment, house, and shop before reaching the one for the studio. She unlocks the door and steps inside, flicking the lights on beside her. She crosses the room and connects the electric heater up before turning it on to warm the space. Lucy drifts upstairs to the now empty bedroom and returns to the main area with a sigh. She plugs in the radio and finds a song she likes on the CD inside before taking off her boots and jacket and standing up. As the music for Iris starts to play she begins to move around the studio with the flow of the tune, losing herself in something she loves but hadn't had the chance to experience in a while. When the song ends she lets it switch to another on its own and gracefully transitions to match the new song. She dances on and on for several hours before collapsing to the floor in exhaustion. She stares up at the ceiling while trying to calm her breathing. Movement in the mirror draws her attention and she lifts her head to find three men standing in the doorway, one with a sad look and a large thermos of coffee in his hands.
"What do you all want?" She asks, pushing herself to her feet.
"We got worried. It got late and we didn't know where you went. The light was on so we opened the door and found you." Lee explains.
Fred steps away from the two and walks over to Lucy, after discarding his shoes at the door upon her request. He hands her the thermos and she takes a sip before setting it down.
"I'm sorry Lucy, I really am."
"It's alright. I overreacted. I just got scared at the thought of losing you and the other 'Things' in the corner. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to the three of you. I stumbled upon the studio and came in for a while. The dancing helped and I lost track of time I suppose."
"We noticed. We came in about four songs ago and decided just to watch you. When was the last time you danced?" George asks.
"The last day I was in Diagon Alley before I was brought back to Hogwarts. I finished the class and was coming to see the two of you and all that happened. I didn't have the willpower to dance any longer while I was there when I barely had the will to live. Now I just never get the opportunity."
"You can't tell it's been that long. You're pretty awesome."
She thanks them and moves to the heater to unplug it then over to the radio.
"Wait. Do one more?" Fred asks with a small smirk.
"What style of dance? And you have to pick the song I suppose."
She watches as he flips through the CDs and finds one that she can't see and puts it inside. He flips to a certain track and stands up, taking her hand.
Lucy looks confused as tango music filters through the speakers and Fred leads her through the steps. His movements aren't as fluid as her own but she's impressed nonetheless that he knew how to dance. They make it through the movements with no errors and when they stop, she stares at him in shock.
"How?"
"I didn't like that Malfoy danced with you perfectly while I could barely move. I found a muggle dance studio nearby and she taught me how to dance. I'm not perfect, but I wanted to accomplish just one song." He grins at her.
"Well, kudos to whoever taught you, she did a good job." She stands on her tiptoes to kiss him before unplugging the radio and pulling her shoes and jacket back on.
They all walk back to the shop together while she drinks the coffee. Inside, they settle down for the evening drinking cocoa and packing boxes.