Chapter 13 - have you seen it?

AN: hello. Firstly, OH MY GOD THANK OH FOR ALL THE READS AND COMMENTS AND VOTES!!!! You're all amazing! Anyway, now that's out of the way... This will be a slash now due to all the support for Percy and Loki. So yay! I wonder what batman thinks. This is a fluffy little chapter. Enjoy!

Chapter 13
Percy's POV:
Eventually, after watching all the clips and lazing around for an hour or so, we all went of to do our own things. I drifted towards the roof, longing to see my old friend. Once there I gave a loud taxicab whistle and waited.
A black shape rushed from the horizon until Blackjack came to a stop in front of me.
"Boss! Is everything okay? In not afraid to fight any monsters - but I do expect donut payment." Blackjack said and I let out a laugh.
"No Blackjack I'm fine. Just fancied seeing my ever so trusty Pegasus." I said, gently running a hand over his black wings.
Suddenly, I felt Blackjack tense underneath my hand, and I froze.
"What Midgardian Magic allows mortals to speak to horses?" Loki's smooth voice drifted over.
"None. This is my families gift." I said cryptically.
"Boss, whose he? Threat? Non-threat? Do I need to go all Blackjack on him?" Blackjack whispered, and the idea alone made me let out a burst of laughter. Loki raised one perfect eyebrow.
"No buddy. He's no threat. Besides I don't have any donuts right now so I can't pay you for your service." I say with a fond smile.
I waved Loki over and as soon as he was close enough, I grabbed his hand and takes him into the back of Blackjack. I instructed Blackjack to kick off and in seconds we were soaring through New Yorks skyline.
I was laughing joyfully, a sound I'd forgotten I could make. Loki's arms were wrapped me in a tight hold as we flew, but as time went on, he slowly started to loosen his death grip. A serene smile spread into his face as his eyes sweeper over the city.
"I must say, this is much more pleasant than flying around New York on the back of an alien space craft. The lack of destruction is also a plus, as is the company." Loki said and I laughed and voiced my agreement.
We flew for about an hour, all the while Loki asking questions about me. I provided him with no more information than I gave the avengers, nobody needs to know about my father or my powers. If they know, I have to use them and that will just bring back memories.
Finally we land on the roof and I bid goodbye to my friend and go downstairs with Loki.
"Where the hell were you? What did you do to him?" Tony yelled as he yanked me away from loki's side where I had been standing.
"Tony! It's fine. We were on the roof talking to one of my friends. Calm down. I'm not three. I can take care of myself!" I say yanking myself away from my uncles grip.
"I have no doubt about that kid, but this is Loki. He's a psychopath!" Tony yelled back.
"He was controlled! And don't call me kid, I've not been a kid since I found out who my father was. I fought wars, I've watched everyone I love die, I'm a head of a camp, I've been tortured for the gods sake." I yelled. Then felt the blood drain from my face as I realised what I'd just revealed.
"Tortured" Tony whispers. I looked around to see Steve and Thor had entered the room. I take a step back when I see the looks of pity on their faces. That's the one thing I didn't want to see. I look to Loki to see, not pity, but understanding.
"It's nothing. I'm going to bed." I said and pushed my way through the stunned men towards my room. Once there, I locked the door. It was only 6 o'clock but I could stay out there with there pity. I didn't deserve it.
I closed my eyes and sighed, trying to think of happier things.
I ended up falling asleep, but my dreams were happy. They were of Annabeth.
There was our underwater kiss and other times, like the first time I met her and she told me I drooled in my sleep. Or the first time she called me seaweed brain. Finally, my mind stopped on a more recent event. It had been about a week before the war with Gaea, and to escape the stress, Annabeth and I had decided to have a picnic at the beach. We had sat down on the soft blanket and talked for hours. Half way through she picked up a cheese ball and told me to catch. She had chucked it up in the air, and I caught it in my mouth. I remember her joyful laughter and smile as she continued throwing them. Eventually, I picked up a chocolate covered strawberry and fed it to her, gently wiping the chocolate from her lips before leaning in for a sweet tasting kiss. The image froze.
The Tartarus' voice invaded.
"You will never have anyone love like that again, nobody will want you with the amount of blood on you hands." His eerie voice said and I woke up sobbing.
After a few minutes of crying, I heard a gently knock on my door. Before I could tell them to leave me alone the lock clicked away and he stepped in. But it wasn't Tony that entered, it was Loki.
He walked over as I pushed myself up against the headboard.
"Is everything okay?" He asked, sitting on the edge of my bed. I just nodded.
"Just some reminders of what I've lost." I say quietly and look to my lap. A cool hand pulls my face back up, back to eye level. I see respect and understanding in the shattered eyes that meet mine.
"It is not what is lost, it's what's gained. You are a hero Percy, and you have the weight of the world on you shoulders," I snorted quietly at that. Loki just gave me a weird look but continued. "But you have people who will help you. Even through torture. Including me." He said and I sighed and nodded. He was right. He gave me a gentle smile, but what he did next surprised me - not that I didn't like it. He brought me towards his chest in a gentle hug, the warmth and security surrounding me. I felt happy in his arms, and that thought scared me just a little bit.