Chapter 9, no way!

AN: disclaimer and warning for errors apply. It remains batman's fault. Thank you if you reading. Any ideas feel free to message or comment. Enjoy demigods! (Blackjack!)

Percy's POV:
I woke up on the couch, confused as to how I got there. Then I remembered last night and let out a long sigh. I wondered where Tony was but then heard voices coming from the kitchen. They must be having breakfast. I quietly got up and decided I wasn't hungry and really didn't want to face the avengers. I crept out into the hall and decided that I had three options. My room, the gym or the pool. I needed to distract myself so my room was out of the question, and I wasn't in the mood to train so all that was left was the pool. I let myself walk the familiar path to the pool area and immediately relaxed when I saw the water. I stripped of my shirt and slipped into the calming water. I swam to the deepest part and let myself sink to the bottom. I sat crosslegged with my eyes closed and took some deep breaths. I didn't want to be loading the avengers with all my stupid problems. I should never have told them who I was, but then I remembered the way Tony had looked after me last night and found that I didn't want that sort of thing to stop. However, I also know that anybody that gets close to me seems to die, and that's not what I want for the avengers when all they've done is be kind to me. I slowly swam to the surface and swim towards the edge. I pull myself up, making sure that I've remained dry. After seeing that I had, I looked out at the calm water. After a minute I let out a sigh and let my shoulders fall. I closed my eyes for a second then reached out my hand. The familiar tugging filled my gut and a ball of water rose out of the pool. I imagined it turning into a trident and watched as it did exactly as I asked and a small smile fell across my face. I waved my arms and it moved to the shape of the avengers 'A' and another smile made its way to my face but it slowly fell like it always does these days. My mind fell to my friends and the gods. I waved my hand and the water changed to form the shape of a galloping horse and I made it glide along the top of the pool. Then I made the horse sprout wings and let it soar into the air. It reminded me of blackjack and I realised just how much I missed him. I hadn't really told him why I was leaving, just that I was and he wouldn't see me for a while. I reach up and grip my camp necklace and take a deep breath. The Pegasus continues to fly around the place until it glides back towards the surface of the pool. It comes towards me and I let it grow in size as it slowly approaches me. I reach out a hand and pet the water formed creature with an ache in my heart for the real thing.
"That's amazing. How did you do that?" Someone says from behind me and I quickly turn around, letting the water drop without making a splash. I turn to see Natasha standing by the door. I chuckle nervously and rub the back of my necks and stand to face her.
"Ummm..... Demigod thing?" I answer, still reluctant to tell them who my father is though I'm not sure why.
"Wow. Well it was amazing. I loved the Pegasus." She says quietly and walks over to me. I let a small smile find its way to my lips, but the ache in my heart for my old friend continues until an idea hits me. At first I'm reluctant because it means a awakening some memories, but then I realise how much it would mean to me.
"Hey Natasha?" I ask quietly and she looks at me.
"Yes?" She says and I but my lip. It's now or never.
"How would you like to meet a real Pegasus?" I ask quietly and her eyes widen.
"Don't joke with me." She says with an eye role and I look her in the eye.
"I'm not." I say with a smile. I put on my shirt then grab her hand and drag her to the kitchen. I'm happy to see the avengers must have left after eating because the room is empty.
"Does Tony have any donuts or sugar cubes?" I ask and Natasha nods skeptically then she moves to a cupboard and pulls out a small bag of donuts and an instant smile lights up my face. I grab them and her hand and drag her towards the elevator.
"Roof please Jarvis." I say and the elevator begins to move upward.
"Of course sir." He says and I smile even brighter. I see Natasha looking at me skeptically and turn to her, going more serious.
"You can't tell the others about this. You have to swear in the river Styx, and that goes for what you saw at the pool earlier as well." I say and she nods and swears as I asked he to do. We finally reach the roof and I race out, excited to see my friend after such a long time. Sure he brings back memories but I know I need to see him. I drag Natasha to the edge and pass her the bag and she takes it and walks back a step. I bring my hands up to my mouth and let out a loud powerful taxi cab whistle. After a few seconds of nothing happening, Natasha starts to look dubious but I don't give up. Then I see it. A black shape on the horizon getting closer and closer. Until landing in front of me is my old friend Blackjack.
'Boss!' Blackjack yells and I let out a laugh and throw myself on him in a hug. He chuckles and asks me who my friend is. I turn to see a stunned looking Natasha.
"Blackjack, this is Natasha Romernoff, Natasha this is my Pegasus Blackjack." I say and she just mutters a greeting.
"Hey blackjack guess what I've got for you?" I tell him with a giddy smile. "Donuts!" He exclaims and I nod happily and he immediately starts celebrating. I wave over Natasha.
"Natasha's got them for you bud." I say aloud to him.
"Your the best, boss! Boy have I missed you!" He says and I laugh.
"Don't call me boss!" I say and Natasha looks at me weirdly, then I realise that to her it looks like I'm crazy.
"Are you talking to him?" She asks and I nod happily and take the donuts and give them to an extremely happy Pegasus.
"How?" She asks and hesitantly walks forward and starts to pet Blackjack.
"Demigod thing." I say and she nods. By now Blackjack has finished all the donuts and is going back to talking.
"Boss, does this mean your coming back?" He asks hopefully but I shake my head sadly.
"I can't yet bud. I'm sorry, it's just, I can't face the camp when I can't help but feel that I let them down by letting the others die." I say quietly. Blackjack whinnies and pushes his head to my chest in comfort.
"Who's your friend boss?" He asks and I look to Natasha.
"She's part of a team of superheroes, one of which is apparently my uncle. I've been staying with him ever since I lost mom and Paul." I say and blackjack nods and walks up to Natasha and licks her hand in appreciation. She smiles.
"Your a sweetie aren't you?" Natasha says and Blackjack huffs.
"Uh boss? Tell your friend that I am a noble and strong Pegasus not a 'sweetie'" blackjack says and I laugh and tell Natasha and she huffs.
Just then Jarvis' voice comes.
"Mr Stark is requesting both of your presences." He says and we thank him. I say goodbye to blackjack with the promise to call him soon and I watch him fly off towards the horizon. Just leaving me and my new family alone