Chapter 12 - awww!!!

AN: sorry!!! It took me ages to update and I apologise (it's all batman's fault for distracting me - blame him!). Anyways, I've added a request so this story is now going to be a slash story. Sorry if you don't like. I'm still accepting ideas and I'm sorry for any mistakes. I can't believe this story has 8k. Consider me amazed. You are all fantastic. Remember to blame batman kids. Enjoy!
Chapter 12
Percy's POV:
After a few seconds of staring into loki's eyes, I had run out of the room. I now found myself in my room, the door locked, hands braced on the wall and hyperventilating.
What am I doing?! Get a hold on yourself Percy!
Slowly my breathing evened out and I collapsed back on to my bed, my hand over my eyes. What was going on? Why did I get trapped in Loki's eyes? His beautiful, broken eyes, mirroring mine. Woah! Hang on a minute, beautiful? It's official, I'm insane.
I just blocked out my thoughts and relaxed back into the bed, oblivious to the yelling outside my door.

Loki's POV:
After Thor had led me in, the avengers had come running. My eyes had immediately be drawn to a young new member, dressed in armour and a cloak. Greek in style by the look of the outfit. My eyes had caught his and I was surprised to see how such young eyes could be filled with so much regret and pain. Too much like my own.
Suddenly the young man had sprinted out the room, and I watched as the avengers eyes darted between me and their new member.
Stark threateningly stride forward.
"What did you do to my nephew? What did you do to Percy?" He said dangerously. I just rolled my eyes. So that was the mans name. Ah, but a Stark spawn, which means he's of limits. Shame, he was a good one.
"In case you haven't noticed Stark, I have no powers, and therefore, am not capable of doing anything to your little nephew." I sneered.
Stark huffed and just walked out in the direction his nephew had run. The remaining avengers glared at me, and I just smiled sweetly. This will be fun.

Percy's POV:
I heard a knock on my door. And slowly sat up but didn't move to unlock it.
"Perce? You okay? We can send him away. Whatever he did to you, we'll help you okay. Please." Tony's voice drifted in. I sighed and went to open the door.
"He didn't do anything. Don't send him anywhere." I said. For some reason the idea of sending Loki away and the accusation made me weirdly angry.
Tony looked flabbergasted (AN anyone else love that word?)
"Ah-h okay. Are you okay?" He asked and I nodded. I took a deep breath and walked past Tony into the hall, ignoring his obvious desire for further answers. I walked into the room where I had last saw Loki and was surprised to see it was only Loki that remained in the room. I sensed Tony standing like a guard at the door behind me and just rolled my eyes. I approached Loki and stuck out my hand - I practically heard Tony tense.
"I'm Perseus Jackson - although it's just Percy. Sorry about earlier." I said with my signature lopsided smile, even if it did feel a bit forced. A cool, long fingered hand slid into my own and shook it gently. The hand was slowly pulled back, almost daring me to keep a hold on.
"Loki. Think nothing of it." He said with a grin and a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"So your the bad guy." I say with a shrug.
"Wait till you see the clips." He said with humour, but I saw the underlying guilt.
"Meh I jumped out of a national monument and blew up a mountain once, among other things. So I'm no stranger to destruction." I said with humour. Loki covered his surprise with a chuckle, which escalated to a proper laugh when Tony screamed from behind. "You did what?!" I turned around and winced a little.
"It was an accident....." I said trying to look innocent and contain my laughter. Loki was fairing no better. Tony just shook his head.
"You, are explaining." He said with a point. I let a laugh bubble out.
"I'll show you my news clips if you show me the ones of the avengers and Loki." I bartered and Tony nodded and called everyone to the communal sitting room.
We all sat around on the couches and I wound up sitting next to Loki. Not that I was complaining.
"Jarvis, get up some avengers footage from the battle." Tony said and a number of clips appeared.
We watched a number of different clips of the battle and I found myself entrapped. It was amazing. It was when I saw a clip of Loki that I started.
"Jarvis pause." I said as it pauses on an image of Loki mid cackle. I look over to see Loki looking down on shame.
"Your eyes...." I say quietly to him and he looks up in shock and his eyes lock with mine. His green eyes. Not the bright blue in the image. Not the bright blue of those being mind controlled.
"You were controlled." I said quietly. Loki slowly nodded slowly, letting his head down in shame.
"I had been jealous and it made me easy to manipulate and eventually to gain complete control over." He said.
"Why didn't you explain?" Clint asks.
"Would you have believed me?" Loki says with a bitter laugh.
The room descends into silence. So I break it.
"My turn!" I say and tell Jarvis to get clips of the arch, the mountain, the school trip to the aquarium, anything. And laugh at the faces of the others as we review all the things I've done.
"You really are a Stark!" Tony yells happily as the last clip comes to an end. I let out a laugh. It's nice to have a family, one that hopefully Loki will eventually become a part of.