Prolouge

"But father, this isn't fair!" Adrien cried out, looking at his father with utter dismay. An annoyed expression surfaced onto Mr. Agreste's face, not wanting to deal with this type of drama when there's so much work to be completed. His posture was maintained impeccable; although he did look as though he had a stick shoved up his expensive, prissy little-

"What's done is done, the agreement was far too profitable to let slip away. Not only that, but this would bring up the reputation of both my fashion line and you, as a model." Gabriel stated monotonously, adding in his son's career to avoid seeming cynical. Gabriel looked over at Nathalie, a scowl planted on his normally stoic face. He looked like Levi Ackerman. "Prepare his luggage." He ordered, looking back at a distressed Adrien. Nathalie nodded and, as she walked away, pity was the clearest emotion on her face.

"Father, please..." Adrien began. "For once in my life, I feel normal. I go to school-"

"You'll go to a school in America." He replied. Gabriel seemed almost bored with this conversation.

"I have schoolwork to turn in-"

"You'll be excused." Gabriel responded without missing a beat, his attention drawn to a small ladybug outside of a nearby window.

"I have friends here-"

"You'll make friends over there, as well." He insisted, his eyes seeming to glaze over as the ladybug flew away.

"I'm in love!"

This statement brought his attention back onto Adrien. A moment of silence engulfed the spacious room; Adrien's cheeks were flushed with embarrassment as he awaited some kind of response. Gabriel stared intently, and curiously, at his exasperated son before raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow. "Love? You don't have time for that. You'll be too occupied with your profession and schoolwork to even think about love."

"I-I..."

"Adrien, that's enough!" Gabriel snapped. "I don't have the time to deal with you right now, my decision is final. You're going to America to become the newest, main face of Lux." Gabriel stated with authority laced into the tone of his voice. He turned around and began walking away.

"Wait." Adrien demanded. The sudden change in his son's voice made Gabriel turn around, slightly intrigued, but mostly annoyed.

"What is it, Adrien?" Gabriel hissed, his jaw gently clenched from agitation.

"I'll go, but only if my friends come with me."

"That's ridiculous-" Gabriel began, but was cut off instantly.

"Just, hear me out." Adrien insisted. "America is a country made up of diverse races and cultures, and since my classmates will probably become important people in life, they could repay you when they have a strong profession. Don't you think this would be a great learning experience that should be shared with them?"

Gabriel debated the pros and cons of doing this for a moment, placing a thoughtful expression onto his face. He wasn't sure what to say to this, so he replied the way he normally would.

"No."

"But, father!" Adrien grabbed onto the front of his dad's sleek, white coat. Whiter than the main television stars in America. His deep emerald eyes bore holes into the pale, lifeless azure eyes of his father, pleading profoundly for his approval. Gabriel sighed.

"Alright, fine. I will provide the money for the plane tickets for your entire class, but I will not pay for a hotel year-round. That hinders my profit." Mr. Agreste stated in the most annoyed fashion an emotionless man could muster. Adrien smiled, genuinely happy, as he swiftly wrapped his arms around Gabriel.

"Thank you, father." He whispered softly, contentedly. Adrien's eyes were tenderly closed in the duration of the one-sided hug, but instantly opened in shock when he felt the hug being returned.

"You're welcome, mon fils."