chapter fourteen

With every passing moment, the unbearable pain emerges from my eyes. I never thought this kind of pain was real. Cheating. I must not be good enough. Cameron caresses my arm as I continue to cry.
I look down at my arm. The rose corsage that I deeply loved was covered in my tears. The doors fly open and Kian is standing there.
"Malorie," Kian sighs.
"Get away from her," Cameron says sternly standing up. My head falls to the ground. I lay there watching as they walk closer to each other.
"Says the person who hurt her so bad, she forgot how to love." Kian says as another tear leaves my eye. I lay there with my head on the concrete. Every word he said, made me want to cry more.
"Says the one who cheated on her," Cameron says clenching his jaw and fist.
Kian swings at Cameron. Soon, Cameron is on top of Kian repeatedly punching him. Kian flips him so that he is on top. As Cameron gets punched he looks over at me. I look at him and he sees something that makes him jump.
"STOP," Cameron screams. He pushes Kian off and they both stand and stare at each other.
"Your an ass Kian, just go! She doesn't want to talk to you. YOU CHEATED! That's what happened last time. So maybe I'm not better than you, but you sure as hell are no better than Nash." cam finishes wiping his lip of blood.
Kian wipes the blood off of his fist and walks away.
I get up from the ground and walk into the school. I hear Cameron trail behind me. I turn down the main hall to the staircase. I walk to the roof and fall to my knees. With my head in my hands, I feel Cameron wrap his arms around me.
"I can't do it anymore," I sob struggling to get up.
Cameron's strong arms resist me.
"Let me go! EVERYTHING IN MY LIFE IS CRAP! NOTHING EVER GOES RIGHT. NOT ONE RELATIONSHIP. FRIENDSHIP. NOTHING," I yell fighting my way out.
"Just let me go," I calm down.
Cameron releases his arms and I run for the ledge. I position myself to where one step, can free me of everything. Cameron, shocked, runs toward me.
"What are you doing!" he yells beginning to cry.
"Everything I ever did in my life was wrong. My mom, I messed it up. My friendships, I messed it up. You, I messed up. Kian, I messed up. Myself, I messed up. I don't want to do it anymore. I want to be free."
I go to step forward, but turn around.
"Promise that you will always remember me!" I say with tears running down my face.
"Malorie! I can't let you do this!! STOP!" Cameron begs quivering his bottom lip.
"I love you."
"DON'T-"
With that I was gone.
Ever ounce of pain I though I had disappeared. I open my eyes to see myself standing on the ledge. With Cameron's arm outstretched around my waist.
I fell down to my knees. Everything I tried to escape is back. I can never escape. I'm stuck in this world I hate.
"I wanted to die," I yell sobbing louder than ever.
"Why wouldn't you let me die," I putting my head back on the concrete ledge.
"I want to die," I continue to repeat. Soon, the whole school is at the base of the ledge. With their jaws dropped and their hand over their mouth, they stared at me.
"I would never let you die, I love you way too much Malorie." He says wiping away his tears.
"Your love me?" I say lifting my head up. Cameron slides his legs under my head. He pets my hair and it calms me down.
"More than you will ever know," he says kissing my forehead.

Heyo. Okay so this is a short chapter but the next one will be good. Sorry for not updating often but we are SO CLOSE to 500 reads!!! okay ily guys❤️